Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

sourcing high voltage capacitors

arcadus

I have just recapped Streetfighter monitor with caps bought from Farnell-in-one. I find them very expensive eg. 100mic 400v @ $9.70 compared to Jaycar $4.70. Jaycar, Altronics etc. have limited range and only 85c rated. Does anyone know of a company that does high voltage caps at a decent price?

theres probably a lot of places and cheaper too but I usually buy a bulk load from these guys once a year or so (well used to, not that keen anymore) overnight shipping well priced

http://www.gocompany.com.au/

email order is the go

Thanks for that . I see same cap is $4.65. The thing I liked about FIO is the fast o/night shipping, gets here within 2 days, not bad for SA country, but I will give gocompany a go. Cheers

Normal Capacitors are listed now days by UF not Mic and are rated at 105 deg operating temperature as what you have seen in the Jaycar Catalogue ( listed as 105 deg C not 85 c) . Don't know why you would want to get any more higher in temp range than that as they are the now standard used in most TV and Monitors. I use WES components in NSW ( http://www.wescomponents.com ) for all my electronic parts , they sell high quality Capacitors for precision applications of 105 deg in 100uf 400v Electrolytic type for $4.65 and the HSW series Caps which are the Snap-in PCB type for $4.95. You will have to register with them first , but there is no order quantity or postage limit , but you do have to provide ABN details. WES have either Australia post or overnight delivery services.

Don't know what Jaycar catalogue your looking at ( might be an old one ) but on their web site it's listed as 105 deg. Cut and paste this link www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?whichpage=5&pagesize=10&keywords=&CATID=51&SUBCATID=860&form=CAT&ProdCodeOnly=&SPECIAL=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=[/url] . and its at the bottom of the page.