Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

iracing

Just finished the race at Lime. Finished in 6th (-1L) out of 10 with 6 inc points all for wheels off track and 1 small spin. Fastest lap was 1:02.449 on lap 3, winner fastest was 59.407.

Ok so now I can give a bit of a longer reply to you John.

In the start aim for consistency but SR is important. You will find if you can have a relatively clean race then your SR will build by itself. For instance with my race just then with 6 inc points my SR went up 0.10 which is a good jump. As your SR goes up your expected to have fewer incidents per race so it rewards you in slower increments the higher you get. On my oval license 6 inc points would see a negative SR for the race but that is mainly because there are more corners per lap on road course than ovals. SR is based on the number of incidents per corner.

Some good tips that I received when joining was see who ran the fastest lap of your race and it if was much better than yours select their car in replay and hit laps to view their laps, you can watch their fast lap from in car to pick up on their lines, braking points etc.

Another good trick is that you can ghost drive races if you want to see how your going without putting SR on the line. It's under events and then pick spectate/ghost sessions.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think there is a pending request there. Ill have a look tonight.

Track changes today I think and the next one is a tight little track. Not good for .inc points.

-------------------------------------------

Sent from mobile phone - All errors are the mobiles fault.

If you've got a G25/G27 and aren't afraid of getting your hands dirty, check out some of the mods here:

http://chilicoke.com/mods

In particular, I've made one much like this and it feels better:

http://chilicoke.com/mods/shifterresistance.htm

I did it at the same time I cracked it open to fix a wire being broken by shifting the G25 from H pattern to sequential shifter (the problem being only the first 3 gears worked!).

Not much iRacing talk happening of late.

Here is a pic of my Nascar National car at Iowa. I've been practicing there mostly hoping to be ready for a race next week.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/iRacing/Untitleda.jpg

I've been getting absolutely smashed at work the last week or so, been too buggered to have a race :( Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll give it another go. Need to put it to one side for a bit, got some Donkey Konging to do :cool:

Just qualified for my Class C license in the ovals :D

I already had 4.44SR so I did some time trials to get to the C class. Now I can go race the Nascar Truck series :D when I buy the truck and a few tracks, maybe some superspeedways.

• 3 weeks later...
ITS OFFICIAL.............MT PANORAMA IS COMING TO IRACING

This is very cool, v8 heaven is upon us fellow iracers:cool:

Time for me to get a setup happening, and what perfect timing with you staying a few days next week, maybe a dual setup in the lounge ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Just noticed an email from iRacing today - 3 months membership for $1 - I'm guessing this applies to everyone, including people who aren't members. I don't have my G27 anymore so I won't be playing, but just a heads up if anyone is keen - @Savage if you wanna give your awesome setup a go playing online.

Cheers,

iRacing doesn't really interest me.

I don't like the payment options, forever paying fees.

Rather rFactor / rFactor 2. One fee and no ongoing costs.

Or there's an Aussie league based of Game Stock Car, thats basically enhanced version of rFactor and they have the full mod packaged for the Aussie V8's

Appreciate the offer.