Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Strange game quitting issue?

I recently setup a new MAME cabinet which I have put down at my cricket club. Vendetta is a favourite of one of the guys there and quite often when he is playing it, the game just randomly quits and goes back to the MALA menu. There are no reported emulation issues with that ROM that I can see on the web... Has anyone seen this with this game in particular or with any other game or MAME setup before...?

Well a bit more playing on this cab on Saturday (due to the shitty weather here in Melb) we found that it happened a couple of more times... It happened on NBA Hangtime as well as Vendetta (so obviously the cab doesn't have a vendetta against me :P)

Could this be a PC issue? Memory/Video or something causing certain games to quit after a period of time?

The escape issue was my thought but the keyboard was not being touched and I was watching the button presses, no one pressed the Esc shit key sequence... ?!?

I have a similar issue when running bubble bobble 2 atm. everytime i press p2 up game quits.

Haven't really had time to look into it properly though.

I'm using NOT normal key bindings, and assume this is somehow conflicting and causing game to quit.

Maybe check the MAME specific key bindings for the game(s) in question, erase what you can, and see if that helps ?

out of interest, are you using an ipac???

i have had a similar issue and i had the reset the ipac. it was done via a text screen from memory. it is at the ipac site. it was a simple process of opening a text screen and typing a few basic commands.

this is what u want

http://www.ultimarc.com/interact.html

read this and "reset" your ipac