Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Customised HDD image for xxxx-1 systems inc Laserdisc Games - anyone want one ?

Jed

Question

I've spent the last 4 years on and off customising and modding a basic 1000-1 gamebox system's HDD. (Games Family, Babystar, Gamebox, etc)

I added stuff like:

Ability to play Laserdisc Games (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace)

SNES

MP3 jukebox

and many other games inc decent vector support, high score save, etc etc

As well as all the usual favourite MAME games.

you'd need at least a P4 2Ghz chip in your gamebox to fully take advantage of this image and play the newer stuff like NBA Jam etc. Using Mamewah editor and Photoshop I've customised the Home Screen + graphics so it looks nicer than the standard xxxx-1 awful-coloured-crap home screen. I fixed the basic menu so it doesn't overlap the screen snaps, plus got rid of the hundreds of duplicate games and different languages etc.

I call the image 'Flynn's' - in homage to Flynns Arcade.

Edit March 2018 - I can't host the image any more on onedrive due to restrictions when I did. If your'e after this image post a request for anyone hosting the torrent, seeing as people are still after it I might see if I can do something at megaupload.

Edited by Jed

IS Flynns image still floating around anywhere? Looks like my HDD image has issues launching games (at least i hope its the hdd image). This is after replacing a faulty IDE drive with a SATA/PATA drive connected via a converter. I have the gamesfamily p4-4p board.

Hello, do you know if this image for gamebox 400 in 1 is useful? the original hdd has died and I do not know if you could facilitate the download link, thank you very much

This image wont work in a 400-1 the hardware is different.

- - - Updated - - -

IS Flynns image still floating around anywhere? Looks like my HDD image has issues launching games (at least i hope its the hdd image). This is after replacing a faulty IDE drive with a SATA/PATA drive connected via a converter. I have the gamesfamily p4-4p board.

Have a look back through the thread, there was a torrent posted. i can't host it on onedrive any more due to excess data transfer when i did, MS slow down my access to a crawl...

I might see what I can do on megaupload, seeing as people still need a replacement image for their xxxx-1's when they fail.

This image wont work in a 400-1 the hardware is different.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a look back through the thread, there was a torrent posted. i can't host it on onedrive any more due to excess data transfer when i did, MS slow down my access to a crawl...

I might see what I can do on megaupload, seeing as people still need a replacement image for their xxxx-1's when they fail.

I would be eternally grateful if we can get it up on megaupload, unfortunately i haven't had any luck with the torrents posted thus far (no more seeders, magnet link not working or tracker is gone). There is probably going to be not many left working (except for those who did a backup) looking at the age of the drives in them.

I'm suspecting mine might also have a memory or motherboard issue as i can launch games but the system freezes as soon as the emulator loads up. I went to replace the memory and its glued in, with actual glue (wtf?!). I'll post a picture if anyone is interested to see it. Is anyone elses RAM DIMM glued in?

I would be eternally grateful if we can get it up on megaupload, unfortunately i haven't had any luck with the torrents posted thus far (no more seeders, magnet link not working or tracker is gone). There is probably going to be not many left working (except for those who did a backup) looking at the age of the drives in them.

I'm suspecting mine might also have a memory or motherboard issue as i can launch games but the system freezes as soon as the emulator loads up. I went to replace the memory and its glued in, with actual glue (wtf?!). I'll post a picture if anyone is interested to see it. Is anyone elses RAM DIMM glued in?

Haha that's amazing, never heard of that. That could be one of your problems right there, if you've got some of the ram pins that aren't conducting - but then I'm assuming they used conductive glue which might not even be the case either. It's amazing what some people use, I've used blu-tak when I ran out of solder once to hold on some flipper wiring in my vpin, and almost 2 years later it's still fine :lol

It's still on my radar to get this uplloaded, to be honest i just got to track down the ext hdd that holds my arcade backups....

In need of some help from some experience folks with solving the 'inaccessible_boot_device" message once placing the Flynn's image onto a HDD. I have tried both a 120GB SSD and 160GB HDD - with both I have gone through the process noted in post #373 which edits the registry on the drive but with no success.

I have a 2100 in 1 unit (3 to be exact) but only 1 working HDD and was wanting to try this Flynn's Image as it seems to be the 'goto' image that people are using.

Would greatly appreciate any pointers.

Cheers.

My image was originally suited for the 1000-1 games family hardware, which is now 10 years old. i'm just guessing but i doubt my image will work on more recent revisions of the hardware like the 2100-1 due to revisions/updates in the hardware.

that said - the error you're receiving 'inaccessible boot device' is most commonly found when the image has not been copied correctly. If you load the image in a virtual disk drive like PowerISO, you should see three partitions, including one non-windows partition. Can you see three partitions ? (using windows disk manager)

I saw that there were 3 partitions on the image and used Acronis 2009 to write the image to HDD which completed with 'success' message - or something to that effect, i.e. no errors. When the completed drive is plugged into a Windows computer it is only seeing 2 drives (partitions) so perhaps this is the problem although wasn't expecting Windows to see the 'non-windows' partition.

Image was provided by 'Crazyau' so pretty sure the problem isn't the source of the image. No doubt something pretty basic that I am missing!

All looks good from Disk Manager - checked both SSD and HDD:

1249055176_DiskPartitions.JPG.9640d2fbe70741351dacaf72fbc3cad4.JPG

Registry info is show 'EnableBigLba' from what I can tell:

690145165_RegistryInfo.JPG.91106321be41616701f44ff1bc40b127.JPG

Will try transferring an image of the only HDD that I currently have that is working with the 2100 to a different SSD / HDD and see what happens.

OK - I have burnt the TIB image off the 1 working drive that I have (not the Flynn's image) on to a SSD (120gb) as well as standard SATA drive (160gb) and both work flawlessly. So this would indicate no issue as to how I am burning the images but probably points to an incompatibility between the Flynn's image and the hardware. When trying to load the Flynn's image the HDD / SDD is detected.

From what I can make out the Jamma interface board is "XYW-4PP4-S" and possibly 2013 is the year of manufacture.

Perhaps I can look at transferring the software (not the OS) from the Flynn's image to the drive that is booting and see what happens.

OK - I have burnt the TIB image off the 1 working drive that I have (not the Flynn's image) on to a SSD (120gb) as well as standard SATA drive (160gb) and both work flawlessly. So this would indicate no issue as to how I am burning the images but probably points to an incompatibility between the Flynn's image and the hardware. When trying to load the Flynn's image the HDD / SDD is detected.

From what I can make out the Jamma interface board is "XYW-4PP4-S" and possibly 2013 is the year of manufacture.

Perhaps I can look at transferring the software (not the OS) from the Flynn's image to the drive that is booting and see what happens.

Yes, most likely the board/s you have are not compatible with my older (2008) image.

In theory what you are suggesting should be possible as long as all the directory structures are the same in your drive that boots up ok and the games family system still works the same way via batch files. I think that would be a first, a Flynns transplant ☺ interested to know if you can make that work ok.

Thanks to Crazyau I already have the image, but it does not come out of the games with the 1p button pressed, and the button 6 does not work either, any idea ?. Thanks for your help.

Edit: solved

Edited by yevere