Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help needed with PS3 ARCADE SETUP

IAMWZL

Question

I have a PS3 system that has been setup to run in an arcade cabinet via a JAMMA board connection. It has been setup and wired correctly, i had Strret Fighter 4 running in it perfectly to a large degree. The only problem i had was i couldnt correctly find button 6 (on the board diagram it had b6 as pin 27 on the jamma, when it was connected it was actually the select button on the PS3 controller) that was sort of fine, till i got it in my head that i could try other games and have a PS3 arcade setup....COOOL, so a mate borrows me some games, load them in and the machine says that i need a software update....ok....out comes the cab so i can get me a better wireless connection and so begins the software update......looking ok so far....THEN.....after the update is complete and the machine begins its restart sequence, it freezes on one of the menu screens., odd, i think, some mins later, still frozen, so i goto use the joysticks to try exit out, nothing doing......so i eject the disc and reload it, goes to load, loads fine, but joysticks and buttons are no longer responding and a message appearing on screen saying press PS button. SO off to EB to grab hopefully just some advice and a controller. Dude at EB says that message appears when a controller has been unplugged, getting a controller and hitting the home button may sort all that out....ok, bring it home, hit the PS button, screen unlocks, control is handed over to the controller only. I still have no response from the cab controls.

So my question is, what have i done? Ok, so there are other questions....lol Has me updating the software fried the controller board? It seems as the controller board has everything else working ok (video/audio) just not the darn controls. Should i be restoring it back to what it was (if thats at all possible) I am a complete NEWB with the PS3 (not my first console, but my first time with it ;) ) All the games i have for it work fine with the hand controller ( i have a four way USB connecting all the controls up) i have tried various methods to see if the controls come back to life but nothing so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Tony :)

6 answers to this question

Yeah I could do that, im hoping to avoid going down that track tho, hopefully someone here may have some ideas on how to sort it out without havin to start hacking. If I have to hack boards I would sooner remove it from the cab and use it in the house instead and just return a standard jamma board back into the cab. I'm hoping theres an answer out there