Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 14 Game11: SOLAR QUEST [ COMPLETED]

*waiting* for Macauley's return punch! :P

Leads with the right and delivers a sneaky left hook to the ribs. Probably not enough for the knockout though. :lol

Died at the start of phase 5 without firing a shot. The lives counter does go to 5 by the way. Saw it twice in this game.

solarq.png.b73908eec8baadb8d7e08e000650ad4a.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ED_209_solarq_99850.thumb.jpg.e557850826e90401e81c198f0cacaf54.jpg

Damn Rob! Pelly's gonna be reeling after that last blow. I'll be interested to see if he's got a Balboa style comeback in him .. or does this one go to Drago?

In any case, this is my Apollo Creed of efforts - I can't seem to crack 100 k.

That's a great score Rob. Going to be tough to beat.. especially with this killer hang over I have at the moment :078: Maybe I will have another crack when the room stops spinning :blink: Edited by Pelly

0008.png.cd8e07283f820177eab532f73849724b.png

:realmad: Scratch my previous scores, had it on 4 lives apparently :( Don't know for how long, so I'll start over :( The game where I nearly hit 80K I would have been probably 70K before my last life, but buggered if I can do it again. Back to last place for me :cry

• Administrators

I can't top this score. Hoped to crack the 100,000 mark but it's not to be. I'm glad this game came up. I've never played it before and now it's a keeper =)

Brad

89950-solarq-brad.png.bcfcb4c476100e7abb6b210f8b7e8ce7.png

This is the first time I have played this game, and by that I mean today is the first time ever - I love it! Wish I had more time during the past week to actually put it on the Mame machine. It's great having to be accurate instead of spraying bullets everywhere.

Anyway my score:

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af207/Hollowcell/th_solar.jpg

0010.png.c58882b00d69904d3e3401f10696f1bf.png

Wish I had have given this game more time. Bloody hard game though, I lose the plot at the end of phase 2. Congrats to Rob and everyone else who scored so high, fun, but frustratingly hard game for me :(

I really enjoyed this one, albeit for a short run. :)

I was looking at the first post and.... What the hell did the Nuke button do? I didn't even know there was one, and I was only using shoot, thrust and on occasion the hyperspace.

Anyway, really great scores at the top guys. You must be so damn accurate to pick up the pellets after you shoot the ships. Total respect. :cool:

Time's Up!

A familiar looking podium on this one. Congrats to RMacauley for a good win.

Final results are:

1 RMacauley: 172,500 - 25

2 Pelly: 153,950 - 20

3 ED_209: 148,900 - 16

4 Brad: 89,950 - 13

5 Hollo: 80,350 - 11

6 Nicko71: 79,600 - 10

7 Kane: 74,050 - 9

8 Brad: 69,300 - 8

9 John73: 58,950 - 7

10 Jammasized: 38,700 - 6

11 Azathoth: 37,700 -5

Leaderboard update soon. The last week of MGL14 is now in effect! and there's still going to be a great tussle for the rest of the overall podium methinks.

I really enjoyed this one, albeit for a short run. :)

I was looking at the first post and.... What the hell did the Nuke button do? I didn't even know there was one, and I was only using shoot, thrust and on occasion the hyperspace.

Nuke lets you shoot off a bomb, and then press the nuke again to detonate it, works well when you have 2 or more ships following you :)

I couldn't handle all the buttons in this game, I managed to get the hang of shoot, thrust and nuke but just couldn't handle the hyperspace. Too many buttons for my simple brain :lol

I think I am done boys... couldn't get back into the swing of it again this afternoon. Well done Rob.

Thanks mate. I tried to bump my score up a few times this afternoon as well but crashed and burned.

Kinda strange though. Normally I would be nursing a killer hangover on a Sunday morning. Today I was stone cold sober but thanks to daylight saving I was up early after 4 hours sleep. Sleep deprivation paid off. ;)

Cheers

Rob