Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

NES and SNES sale buys today.

Hey guys, a couple, two minutes down the road from me, was selling off their entire console stash.

I am pretty strapped for cash due to many purchases recently, but I had $180 spending money in my wallet, and I wanted to spend it.

Anyway, unfortunately, no mega bargains. They knew what these games were worth and were not open to all that much haggling. Nice couple, I would be devastated to be selling what they were, a lot of cool stuff.

Anyway, I got some good games, but like I said, at proper prices, not bargains. Just less than ebay prices, as she said anything that didn't sell today would be going on ebay, so they wanted proper money unforunately.

So, my $180 netted me the following.

Lufia PAL SNES cart only

Shadowrun NTSC cart only (VERY excited about this one)

TMNT Tournament Fighters PAL cart only

Outlander NTSC cart only (The Mad Max game that never was)

Mega Man X PAL cart only

Shadow Warriors II PAL NES cart only (Ninja Gaiden II)

Mega Man III PAL NES cart only

Ghosts and Goblins PAL NES cart only

Castlevania II Simon's Quest PAL cart only

Maniac Mansion PAL cart only

Also a perfect condition N64 clear purple controller with a very tight thumbstick.

So it comes down to $18 per game, not including the N64 controllers. To be honest, for that games list, I am pretty happy with that. I know it is far more than what many of you would pay :)

I came in hard with bargaining, I picked that lot out, told her to figure out what she wants for it. She took a few minutes to add it all up and asked for $240, I countered with my $180 and the deal was done.

Lufia, Shadowrun and Megaman X alone are worth around a combined 130-150 for loose carts, so I feel I didn't do too badly considering the quality of the games. I only wish she didn't know their worth...

Now I am so broke :( More stuff to pay for from Hollo as well.

DAMN YOU RETRO COLLECTING!

When people say that they will put it on eBay or I could get X for it on eBay, I say good luck to them. They either want to sell it on the spot and get the cash or stuff around selling, posting etc... on eBay. Most often you will find that they just want to get rid of it, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to flog it at a garage sale etc..

Some nice titles though.. I am so picky these days that I'd rather not buy a game unless it is boxed, unless it is an extremely hard to find game that I don't have. I find it hard to justify spending more than $10 to $15 just on a cartridge.

When people say that they will put it on eBay or I could get X for it on eBay, I say good luck to them. They either want to sell it on the spot and get the cash or stuff around selling, posting etc... on eBay. Most often you will find that they just want to get rid of it, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to flog it at a garage sale etc..

Some nice titles though.. I am so picky these days that I'd rather not buy a game unless it is boxed, unless it is an extremely hard to find game that I don't have. I find it hard to justify spending more than $10 to $15 just on a cartridge.

Same boat.

Yeah, pity in Aus we don't get prices like Japan.

Reasonably rare PAL games go for a godam small fortune. I was happy to talk her down to $30 for 3 of the SNES titles that go for $50+ on ebay.

I see the price of the best JRPG's on SFC and cry. I wish I had the time and motivation to learn to read Japanese. It would save me a shitload of cash :)

Yeah, pity in Aus we don't get prices like Japan.

Ahhh, but you guys don't have the temptation though either! I actually forgot how many of each machine I own now, and I put this down to seeing them in the wild with the Aussie mindset of 'look at the price - must buy'. :D