Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

• 2 weeks later...
@DoomsDave I need this in my life, What did it cost for shipping and did you buy directly from newwavetoys.com?

Yeah I got it straight from new wave. It's not out yet but they had like 100 or so up for presale back in Feb for $99USD but I got a $10 discount for buying their Centipede and Tempest cabs so ended up being $89USD + $25USD shipping. When it goes up for sale it's going to be $119USD + shipping but they haven't announced when that will be. A lot of cash but they put a lot of work into the build quality and attention to detail. I love all 3 of their cabs and really looking forward to the Dragon's Lair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

IMG_20191029_161606.thumb.jpg.2938ba106ec0e0f5d8891cd4c304ff8a.jpg

Just a warning to always try your junk as soon as you get it. Pretty sure I bought the DivMMCx2 (on the right) last year some time from https://www.8bits4ever.net/, I'd have to go back through this thread to find the date, anyway I tried it for the first time a few weeks back and it didn't work right. You'd get the ESXDOS boot screen see loading ESXDOS.SYS then it would flip back to basic. I tried manually flashing the rom, reflowing the all SMD's with no change on a +3 or Toastrack.

It seems to recognise the SD card but won't read from it :unsure. The Kempston portion of the card does work.

In a panic I bought myself the DivMMC Future (on left) from https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/ thinking my spectrum's were faulty. First of all The quality is 2nd to none, a proper injection molded case not 3d printed, much smaller footprint, jumperless and most importantly the ****ing thing worked! The shipping was also cheap at £7.49

Not sure what to do with the x2, maybe the SD card slot is faulty :unsure who knows.

Rod's stuff is amazingly made. My DivMMC Future, along with the SD2IEC I got off him yeaaaaaaars ago have been solid as heck and super professionally made. Although I made your mistake and didn't try using the DivMMC Future until a week out from PAX (despite having it for 12+ months!) - but thankfully it worked perfectly the whole weekend. I mean, it was Deadpool approved and all that!

EIJuSRZX4AE_Wcu.thumb.jpg.f9f5363688f3e2bfa49230e6dc84d386.jpg

Outkerbside and spotted a old metal box and told mate chuck a uturn.

Next to it was this tidy looking p2. Couldnt leave it behind

I remember back in 98 still chugging a p75 from a few years prior and not being able to play quake ect

Pc Engine stuff is stupidly priced these days. Thankfully I bought my PC Engine suitcase before the prices spiked, sadly, the drive no longer works properly. Tries to spin up a disc, but doesn't read well, likely needs a new laser or some laser pot adjustments. Thankfully, I have a working Duo if I ever feel the need for some PC Engine CD action. Then again, all of my consoles have been packed in boxes for the last 2 years :(

Decided to grab a game i have fond memories of and was a birthday present back in 95 (that copy was hammered to death)

Mechwarrior 2.

I gotta grab a serial joystick as my usb one wont work in the game. My folks still may have our 90s joystick in their disused house so next visit ill see if can find it or keep eye on salvos

Find a p2 kerbside has given me a memory trip to find the games we had bitd

• 1 month later...

Found this today sitting out front of local ewaste depot. Being shut locals pile crap. Spotting the mouse at first thinking i could use a old serial and then finding attached to this

i have nfi about them and atm sadly seems no power to it so will investigate but couldnt let it be smashed down for scrap

IMG20191222172357.thumb.jpg.a05a5be6e41aa6501a7d6af248b4ff99.jpg

• Like 5