Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Bought a sega saturn and mod chip (need to try burning rangers and want to play panza dragoon series again), though will probably buy the Rhea (gd-emu for saturn) once he opens up orders for it..

Well I just recieved a JP Sega Saturn from a friend of mine who is from Japan, he gave it to me for free! even though I begged to give him money for it!

The reason why is, this thing is mint, I mean not a scratch, blemish, or yellowing on the console and control. Whats even better is it comes with the original box and that too is mint... I swear this thing is like brand new! Bags and all instructions...

Can someone tell me what these things are worth in this condition.. Not going to unload it but just interested on what they go for.

Here's some quick snaps I took

Just secured the following for $30 from a facebook site.

"Game boy Colour plus 6 games

Game boy Advance Game boy games x 9

Nintendo Rumble Pak +game Tony Hawke's pro-skater 2

Chargers + Gamster 4way link connector

PSP Accessories: Covers, dock/speaker system & charger, original Sony PSP 32MB memory card"

nah mate i'm looking too gonna see if the guys at Baw Baw tv repair or whatever they are called can have a look at my monitors i also have some shifting picture issues and alsoone tube i think is dead but i hope i can salavge the rest of it for parts for the other one

Bastard.

Wish I got a kerb side score of tv's like that.

I've been hunting for some 48cm tvs but they never seem to come up.

Have you tried the antique shop which has salvage storage at the back..Corner of Barkly st and Geelong rd Footscray.

Bastard.

Wish I got a kerb side score of tv's like that.

I've been hunting for some 48cm tvs but they never seem to come up.

Besides the fact you need a specific size what is the point of hoarding old crt's like these? If you were looking for old monitors with specific inputs i can understand but those things?

Besides the fact you need a specific size what is the point of hoarding old crt's like these? If you were looking for old monitors with specific inputs i can understand but those things?

Tubes suit classis 80s dedicated cabinets and lowboys

Gotta keep the dream alive and not lcd em

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Not only do I stockpile tv's for cabinet use (in 10 years, crts will cost money, at the rate they're being destroyed/dumped these days)

As for these older ones specifically, I am building my console setup to have one Tv per console, and I figure if I'm going to collect 80s consoles, why not have matching tv's :)

Edited by Lord-Data

I picked up some spare 68cm TVs, a free Panasonic from neighbour (has component) and a flat 100hz LG with VGA input... Hope in the future if I need a new monitor in one of my cabs I can make one of them work.. LOL

VGA looks great on the LG but of all the connections it is the only one playing up, every couple of minutes it drops signal and then comes back 2 seconds later.. grrr... certainly not the tube if all other connections work, so may not be an issue..

Sync issue? Might need an extron rgb interface to stabilise it.

yeah, I am not sure it matters as I really bought it to have a flat 31khz tube to get a chassis for. Going to have to open it up and find out what the tube is and if I can indeed get a chassis for it..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...