Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Here's a couple more bits I picked up on the same trip.[emoji16]

I got a few mint calculators, I like this one the best, a nice Sharp boom box with equaliser and it takes chrome and metal cassettes ( it just needs a clean and new belts). The 10" tv will get a composite mod and I'll see if I can tap into the audio amp to use it as a colour monitor, maybe for the Sinclair spectrum 48k.[emoji6]

Cheers Trevdc4f76538a082fd9b38ccc3691572f11.jpg10c85eeef373d11d337a68d52320a093.jpg5964373df8b265406aeef328aed593a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ugh. RB. I have a firm "if it's yellow, it stays yellow" policy here. My stuff is to be used, not kept pristine!

Yes, well i dont mind on my playing machines, but there are times i want my good stuff to look unused.

I remember on the Saturn forum years ago a guy in the UK had a mint as new unused Japan white Saturn, never out of the factory bag, white as a ghost when he got it, a few years later he opened the box again to find that it was now golden brown...

Id be wanting to make that white again myself...

Ive got a few yellowed consoles, but im yet to have one change colour on me since ive owned it, so ive been really lucky there.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

7 PS4? guessing it's all damaged/broken stuff?

I think so 2 can see parts missing. Price was good to take a risk or eb trade in

Oddly also got some loose ms carts and fold a gbc zelda cart in a box of junk loose

G25 steering wheel too

Cashies auction ex 6 perth stores

I think so 2 can see parts missing. Price was good to take a risk or eb trade in

Oddly also got some loose ms carts and fold a gbc zelda cart in a box of junk loose

G25 steering wheel too

Cashies auction ex 6 perth stores

Those G25s still pull a fair price, i bought mine when they first came out, cost a fortune, i think i paid over $600 for it!

Those G25s still pull a fair price, i bought mine when they first came out, cost a fortune, i think i paid over $600 for it!

$5 in a carton with a logitech speaker setup

Auctioneers are sent up load the trucks then list stuff seperate or by random box as loaded as too hard basket

1 ps3 is a Japanese 60 gig first release so ive gotta test with a stepdown to be safe. As its got a sale sticker so been shelf stock but cant assume its been changed to 240v

Another computer I picked up on our recent visit to the Goldcoast was a VIC-20 I didn't post it here as I thought it would end up as a parts donor seeing it was so rough. I forgot to get a pic before I started on it but here's the case after cleaning and then a pic of it assembled. I had a few hiccups with this along the way but it's all sorted now.

Just don't put VIC chips in backwards and make sure you solder all the legs on the ic sockets for your rom chips. It's not always smooth sailing.[emoji16]

I'm still waiting on some adapter boards so I can replace the 2364 character rom with a 2764 eprom as the computer still isn't working 100%.

bd7e92f93bfa0e4cce4c6cfb003fbe1f.jpg93121eea8a17dd4c3f804440326a4073.jpg

It turns out that both the VIC chip and the character rom were buggered. I've replaced the rom with a 2732 and home made adapter and have a VIC chip coming from England. [emoji16]

It turns out that both the VIC chip and the character rom were buggered. I've replaced the rom with a 2732 and home made adapter and have a VIC chip coming from England. [emoji16]

I got a vic 20 trev in rough shape external if need spares

I got a vic 20 trev in rough shape external if need spares
Can you get me a pic please. I'm interested.

I need to make a power supply with the round plug for mine. I might have a couple of plugpack adaptors that I can use. Or I'll build one in a case with a system saver built in.

Cheers Trev

Can you get me a pic please. I'm interested.

I need to make a power supply with the round plug for mine. I might have a couple of plugpack adaptors that I can use. Or I'll build one in a case with a system saver built in.

Cheers Trev

Ill grab one tommorow trev. Was a ewaste rescue i was given

Today's delivery.[emoji16]

They just needed the contacts cleaned then they all worked except for the Tank Wars tape. I haven't aligned the heads on any of my datasettes yet so that might help.

Cheers Trev.941dc5bed8badb540d77ef1af8cb5889.jpg

Today's pickup.

You don't often see retro stuff turn up locally when you live near Tamworth.

Dick Smith Wizzard main unit with

Two controllers and

A spare left hand controller

Moving key Keyboard

Tape deck with instructions

Lunar landing tape

But no power supply and it's an odd one with both 9v AC and 16v AC going to a 5pin Din connector. Luckily I think I've located one.

They appear to be quite a capable little machine.

Cheers Trev 4e652693cde2ff9f3f339e62c0c5a4f3.jpg