Page 296 of 297 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297 LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 2965

Thread: What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    And picked these up this week: was given this box of Kurz-Kasch bronze era test cards. Apparently they connect to a special test rig, and allow you to test stuff like Night Driver, Breakout and the other 1970s era boards without the full cabinet setup.

IMG_3890.jpgIMG_3889.jpgIMG_3893.jpg

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    That's cool as, can't imagine there'd be much of that type of gear floating around anymore.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limorange View Post
    That's cool as, can't imagine there'd be much of that type of gear floating around anymore.
    Mostly in the US for the test unit itself, although I bet the operator here in Hobart may have one buried in a shed

The games themselves? Iíve got several here, just lacking the hardware to set them up properly

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1934 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjedi View Post
    I really need one of those... if only to play doom that is!
    Just a heads up to anybody wanting to grab one, don't buy it from Ebay. The one there is the old version and is more expensive than buying it directly from https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/
    I figured it's pretty much got everything you'll ever need for the Vic 20 since a lot of games came out on cart. The new plus version also includes deadtest and several really cool new games Cheese & Onion, Pentagorat and RodMan

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Aye, Iíd only ever buy directly from Rodís website anyway (atrocious font usage be damned!). He makes a solid product!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Alright, as a first post this is downright embarrassing, but if you're interested in oddware (I mean if you're REALLY interested), here's some very odd... ware.

The Vtech V.Smile was an educational game console released in 2004 that used cartridges. It was always meant to be played by small kids, but it enjoyed a moderate success (at least, I guess so, 'cause it spawned a series of different machines). All games were based on licensed franchises by Disney and others.

Well, browsing a local flee market I've found this: the kiosk version of the V.Smile, complete with a Nikkei monitor and a pre-loaded selection of games. It's almost impossible to find images or info about this thing, i've only seen another one in some hotel photos and it had a different selection of games (same monitor brand, though). It's not even described in the V.Smile wikipedia page. The games are horrible, the big joystick is unresponsive and the composite video makes the Snes-level graphics look quite terrible, but it's a novelty... and I just couldn't resist. The green game selection buttons light up, that's neat.

Game roms are loaded from this PCB (sorry, out of focus shot):

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1934 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weird Ed View Post
    Alright, as a first post this is downright embarrassing, but if you're interested in oddware (I mean if you're REALLY interested), here's some very odd... ware.

The Vtech V.Smile was an educational game console released in 2004 that used cartridges. It was always meant to be played by small kids, but it enjoyed a moderate success (at least, I guess so, 'cause it spawned a series of different machines). All games were based on licensed franchises by Disney and others.

https://i.ibb.co/74tpBJh/vsmile-example.jpg

Well, browsing a local flee market I've found this: the kiosk version of the V.Smile, complete with a Nikkei monitor and a pre-loaded selection of games. It's almost impossible to find images or info about this thing, i've only seen another one in some hotel photos and it had a different selection of games (same monitor brand, though). It's not even described in the V.Smile wikipedia page. The games are horrible, the big joystick is unresponsive and the composite video makes the Snes-level graphics look quite terrible, but it's a novelty... and I just couldn't resist. The green game selection buttons light up, that's neat.

https://i.ibb.co/cQMgDRT/vtech-forum-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/dmcP5Pt/vtech-forum-2.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/26zCpCL/vtech-forum-4.jpg

Game roms are loaded from this PCB (sorry, out of focus shot):

https://i.ibb.co/3WthH8v/vtech-forum-3.jpg
    So in weird in fact...I just bumped your account up to full member of AA lol. This is the sort of weird we love.

State
    Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade King View Post
    So in weird in fact...I just bumped your account up to full member of AA lol. This is the sort of weird we love.
    Wow, thanks a lot Arcade King! This really took me by surprise I'm sorry for the terrible pictures, I'll replace them with better shots when I have time (I mean, if you REALLY wanna see more of this thing).

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1204 Post(s)
    I got my kids a vtech bitd secondhand. They played it a bit. Killed few controllers. Still see them popup at op shops
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Hell yeah, random stuff like that is the best. Nice pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Page 296 of 297 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297 LastLast

Thread Information