Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL14 Game 6 - GHOSTS N GOBLINS [ COMPLETED]

@#$% me, 142k and I'm sitting in 7th, you guys are smashing this, some great scores coming in:cool:

about an hour and a half left, will anyone save the princess ? After all the hassle to get to her, you'd bloody want some gratitude...

Great work Pelly, how far was that score into the game ?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@#$% me, 142k and I'm sitting in 7th, you guys are smashing this, some great scores coming in:cool:

about an hour and a half left, will anyone save the princess ? After all the hassle to get to her, you'd bloody want some gratitude...

Great work Pelly, how far was that score into the game ?

Cheers. Got to the boss of level 5 in 2 runs.... can't knock him off yet.

This is one of the best, I just wish I was better at it.

They used to have a GnG machine near the chair lift at the blue mountains, but that was (many) years ago since I was there. Anyone else remember that arcade, they had several machines.

0011.png.7548a0773d22a549134de3fe2b84667c.png

Close, but no cigar! Died fighting the large Red Arremer at the end of the dreaded level 5.

Thus concludes my 2 weeks of this farking superb game, one of my top 3 favourite arcade games of all time. This score is a PB and the furthest into the game i've gone (my household has a strict NO CONTINUES policy ;))

Time's Up! Results shortly.

A late push for points gives victory to ED_209 ! Congrats to all peeps who made Level 5 or better, too, fine efforts ;)

Final results are:

1 Ed_209: 189,000 - 25

2 Pelly: 186,800 - 20

3 RMacauley: 184,300 - 16

4 Kane: 179,000 - 13

5 Taverner: 146,200 - 11

6 Rat: 143,900 - 10

7 Jammasized: 142,000 - 9

8 L33AL: 117,700 - 8

9 gameroom: 114,700 - 7

10 Brad: 106,100 - 6

11 Hollo: 104,400 - 5

12 Mikie: 82,000 - 4

13 SectionZ: 78,200 - 3

14 Azathoth: 75,300 - 2

15 John73: 62,600 - 1

Encouragment awards:

nicko71: 60,700

wingtipvortex: 47,900

New game shortly, leaderboard update too.

Edited by Jed

Awesome! I love this game and my first MGL win! :D

Big congrats to all who actually played the game better than me (i.e anybody who made it past the caves). That dragon is friggin hard to beat. This will be one I keep playing every now and then. I'd love to get an eye in on level 5. Or check out the fake ending for myself.

Shame I didn't have time to get more games in.

I have missed most weeks, but had to have a go with this fav of mine.

I'm sure I could have had a better score if I used joysticks and buttons, rather that the computer keyboard at home. :cool:

I watched an INP file earlier from a guy who scored 1.5Mil, he fired like crazy, I reckon playing cab with a proper button might be a bit easier :) Although I did try on the cab and sucked badly, but in my defense I was extremely drunk at the time :lol

The INP file was educational though, I did work out where I was going wrong with shooting the gravestones. Oh well, I'll be in the know when this game comes up next time :cool:

Nice going guys - this is one of my all-time favourites. The devil at the end of stage 5 really isn't that hard when you know how to fight him which I guess just comes from practice. Stage 6 is also not too bad with one HUGE exception..... at the top of stage 6 you need to fight 2 of the devils from stage 5 just to get in to fight Lucifer with the shield weapon. I have done this and beaten them both BUT I did this with the dagger. If you don't complete the stage with the shield weapon, it takes you back to the beginning of stage 5. VERY FRUSTRATING!! Especially because the shield has such poor firing range that it makes it difficult to get through stage 6.

Great to see plenty of action again in the MGL :)

would like to play this on the C64 again now... listen to the great soundtrack the C64 has for the game. Action was pretty faithful mostly, to the arcade version.

Ah Commodore.... you sunk your own ship. but it was a great ship !