Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

xbox360 hard drive options for arcade

I've had an xbox360 arcade (256MB memory or something tiny like that) for a while now, and grabbed a Kinect and having some fun with it.

I really need a proper hard drive, but from what i see the microsoft ones are pretty expensive.

Has anyone done the hacks to use a Western Digital drive (specific models are listed on some websites), or bought the chineses xbox ones, or have one for sale or any other (cheap) suggestions?

Ultimately it owuld be great to run games off the HDD, although that may run into some $$$

Thanks

Rob

I know many people who have done the hack themselves on the WD drives and had no issues.

I also know a few folks who have bought them cheap online with no issues.

I cannot speak from personal experience, however I know it has worked well for them.

Keep in mind that Microsoft alwats holds the potential ban hammer over people who mod hard drives. However, to date, no one has been banned for having a hacked WD hdd installed (afaik)

i bought mine from deal extreme for $50 and it works great, i checked out the image they used to see what type of HD it was and did some research and found them to be a very good HD so i had confidence in it.

The postage delay was a killer, about 4 weeks.

My brother's in the same boat (4gb arcade, no HDD, needs to install HD content for BF3). Plenty of threads on whirlpool to indicate that the Chinese knockoffs work fine, no Xbox Live banning issues etc. Just grab one off a highly rated fleaBay seller.

Same here, I bought a knockoff 250GB for my old 'Elite' 360 and it has worked fine for years. Crimosoft only ban you for actual system mods like modding the Optical drive firmware, or other homebrew-intended system mods.