Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Striker Xtreme??

Genie

Question

Hi Fellow AAers.

Anyone out there own a Striker Xtreme that can answer some questions on some silly weird stuff i am coming across that i cant seem to work out? 1st pin i have come across with these issues..........Thanks keep me posted on this one!!

1.Some parts of play cant see the writing on DMD during gameplay? Appears to be very black & blurred.....Bought new display rom & CPU version rom which i thought would fix this...No go??

2.Ball in play is never displayed anywhere?

3.Sounds seem to be inconsistent and not working as it should.....went into diagonostic menu and did speaker test and sound rom check.....All gave sounds back except last one being u37 so i am tipping that chip/rom is faulty?

4.When i do display test in menu for dmd it all appears to be ok BUT when in gameplay its no good? Missing parts of graphics at times and flickering in areas? Not sure on this one.

5.opto goalie fault on startup but cant seem to find anything wrong with it?

Thanks for your time,Its appreciated.

Regards

Troy

Edited by Genie

1 answer to this question

Hi Fellow AAers.

Anyone out there own a Striker Xtreme that can answer some questions on some silly weird stuff i am coming across that i cant seem to work out? 1st pin i have come across with these issues..........Thanks keep me posted on this one!!

1.Some parts of play cant see the writing on DMD during gameplay? Appears to be very black & blurred.....Bought new display rom & CPU version rom which i thought would fix this...No go??

2.Ball in play is never displayed anywhere?

3.Sounds seem to be inconsistent and not working as it should.....went into diagonostic menu and did speaker test and sound rom check.....All gave sounds back except last one being u37 so i am tipping that chip/rom is faulty?

4.When i do display test in menu for dmd it all appears to be ok BUT when in gameplay its no good? Missing parts of graphics at times and flickering in areas? Not sure on this one.

5.opto goalie fault on startup but cant seem to find anything wrong with it?

Thanks for your time,Its appreciated.

Regards

Troy

1. Is the display out gassed? Hard to tell from your description. Maybe post a photograph.

2. Ball in play? NFI on that maybe check YouTube and see if it's normal or if it's just yours.

3. Possibly the sound ROM. I would reseat it first and see if that helps. Otherwise check your ribbon cables and reseat ALL this may assist with missing graphics too.