Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sega rental case value?

A collector friend of mine got one of these recently. Does anyone on here know much about these and they're value?

Note the images I stole from google. But it's exactly the same only his is in better condition

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i416/zeffej/c0a63dee.jpg

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i416/zeffej/8f6edd40.jpg

Pretty cool item, might be worth something to a hardcore collector who simply must have everything SEGA. It's not an official product though, the rental cases were made by various third party manufacturers and aren't all that rare, although there are some exceptions like the rep cases. In any event, a worthy addition to any SEGA collection.

Pretty cool item, might be worth something to a hardcore collector who simply must have everything SEGA. It's not an official product though, the rental cases were made by various third party manufacturers and aren't all that rare, although there are some exceptions like the rep cases. In any event, a worthy addition to any SEGA collection.

Cool thats interesting.. do you have a rough idea on its value?

I take it we're talking about an empty case here, no console or accessories inside? If so, maybe anywhere between $30 and $50, as a rough guess. I'm a SEGA collector and would pay up to $30 for it if I were after one.

Wow I was guessing like double though I'm guessing the fact it's not official Sega would affect its worth to the die hard collector.

Yeah i guess like any of this sort of stuff it's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it. I'd probably go 30-40. But i kind of assumed if it went to eBay it'd go for around 100, but really depends how badly some one wants it I guess :)

I got a Master System one recently, it has Sega logos and an instruction sticker in it, and the console is bolted in place ->

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31342[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31343[/ATTACH]

Has anyone ever seen one like this before?

Oh the memories! That was how I played my first sega master system! I'd hassled my parents for weeks to hire one out for me, and probably to stop their headaches, they gave in!

Pretty sure the one we got was a blue color though. How much did it set you back?

$10 :redface, with sms1 console (with built in hang-on and snail maze game), cables, controller, but no power brick. A decent deal i would say...

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

Oh the memories! That was how I played my first sega master system! I'd hassled my parents for weeks to hire one out for me, and probably to stop their headaches, they gave in!

Pretty sure the one we got was a blue color though. How much did it set you back?

Surely that would have just resulted in converting the Hassling from renting to buying one. :laugh: