Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TP Repair log - nearly Sh*& my pants yesterday...

finally move my mobile test bench outa the old garage into the new shed and started to resetup the test bench, and of course, have to run thru the usual battery of checks before plugging in anything important (like someone elses board)

so setup all the monitors, setup my test power supply, checked it all out, then setup my time pilot test rig and pcb.

here's the pcb:

pcb%2520-%25203109_1_fs_pb.jpg

powered up the tp board adn i swear that big 22uf tanty cap at the front was blue before if fired it up.

looking at it (the tanty cap) to check if i recalled it being orange to start with and the bugger went

POP!

suffice to say i nearly sh&% my pants. :lol:lol

the little mongrel next to the larger cap at the bottom adjacent to the ribbon connector:

pcb%2520-%25203109_1_fs_pb%2520-%252022uf%2520tanty%2520cap.jpg

board works fine still, the Bast*&d just had to choose that moment to fail. (PHEW)

Edited by andykmv

i have also been looking for the white 2 pin dc connector for the Konami Time Pilot board set that provides power from the bottom board to the top board (see picture below). i have a coupla extra of these TP board sets and they are either missing the connector and cable, or were missing the connector and were soldered to solder side of the top board.

I couldnt find the darned manufacturer or spec for it anywhere! but when i was looking for the connector types for Jesder's monitor converter (CGA to VGA) i finally found this connector on the JST manufacturer website:

pcb%2520-%25203109_1_fs_pb%2520-%2520dc%2520connector.jpg

its a JST connector! whoohoo! being an old one its gonna be hard to find the parts. I'll add the details here when i revisit the jst site, http://www.jst-mfg.com.

it just goes to provide further proof of my theorem: whenever you cant find something, no matter how hard you have looked (even if you had a "boys look" or a "girls look"), that if you go looking for something else, Voila! there it is!

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

...white 2 pin dc connector for Konami Time Pilot board set that provides power from bottom board to top board ...QUOTE]

It is the JST "SV Connector" (search for SV on the jst site): http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/detail_e.php?series=247

have to order some of these for myself with the other connectors i need that JST also has.

as the local wholesaler for JST only sells in large quantities i am going to order direct from JST where i can get small quantities.