Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Technician Introducing myself

Hi,

Just introducing my self,

Briefly i am 47 and have been around arcades and pinballs since I was 6 years old when my father purchased an amusements centre in st kilda.

I am a qualified Electronics and computer tech where I studied at RMIT and have been a tech in the industry for 26 years.

I specialize in home based repairs where I go equipped with many spare parts and tools.

Happy to chat and give some advice.

Cheers

Chris P.

welcome,true amusement machine techs are a dying breed,with no big operators taking on apprentices,we can only wonder where the next generation of techs will come from,20 years time,who's gonna be around to fix the electromechanicals and have the knowledge to repair pins ,jukes and arcade without spending days on simple faults.

any new techs are always welcome in this industry! good luck,hope you do well:)

G'day welcome Chris, i think i remember that arcade in St.Kilda was it Jimmy's on Balaclava Road?

yes mate under the bridge at balaclava station. did you ever go inside?

I spent my childhood in that place, great memories.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Hi Chris, Welcome to A.A. :) I was a tech servicing a big cafe down the far end of the esplanade back when Golden West was operating. I had a few scary nights doing evening call outs in that place.

yep, I have heard some scary stories from that era regarding techs on sites.

I had jimmy's amusements in balaclava and 3 other arcades where I knew everyone so was pretty

safe for me lol....

golden west? that rings a bell here in adelaide from many a long time ago,were they aust.wide?

No, HQ was in Abbotsford from memory they were pretty big back then. They had a big showroom, workshop & about 20 staff mostly techs. The building had a giant two story painting of Elton John in high heel boots playing a pinball as in the movie "Tommy" bloody awesome art.

No, HQ was in Abbotsford from memory they were pretty big back then. They had a big showroom, workshop & about 20 staff mostly techs. The building had a giant two story painting of Elton John in high heel boots playing a pinball as in the movie "Tommy" bloody awesome art.

That pictures still there but it's a charity shop now- I have good memory's of golden west also

Peter