Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gameboy Advance Questions - Modchips

• Administrators
I have an Flash2Advance cart although it uses a parallel cable and doesn't work well with newer PC's. I have never tried the USB one but obviously it would be preferable over a parallel port one. But they do work.

I have one of those too.

Brad

Make sure you get a backlit GBA SP which is model # AGS-101. Don't get the frontlit AGS-001.

The AGS-101s are pretty difficult to find though, aren't they?

And they normally sell for more than the regular frontlit versions...I think.

The AGS-101s are pretty difficult to find though, aren't they?

And they normally sell for more than the regular frontlit versions...I think.

You need to get them from ebay US. They go for about $60 delivered buy now, or slightly cheaper sometimes via auction. The difference between the two models is night and day. Once you use a backlit version you will never settle for the frontlit version again.

However, I would not buy a GBA SP at all now that I think about it. You are much better of buying a DS Lite. It can play GBA games and also DS games. It also has a backlit screen and a second screen and is 10 times better in every way. I recently bought a DS Lite in great condition from Cash Convertors for $60. Definately the way to go.

Here's one on gumtree: http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-video-games-consoles-consoles-systems-Nintendo-ds-lite-W0QQAdIdZ343368932

Grab a DS Lite for GBA and DS titles, then grab a backlit GB or GB Color for the older games. Problem solved! :)

There are seriously too many Gameboy variations for me to ever make an informed purchase though! Probably why I own just the one GB.

I had the big fat GB original as a kid and loved it, although can only remember playing 4 games on it; Tetris, Tennis, Ninja Turtles and Gremlins. All the rich kids had their Game Gears and Lynx's but could only game for about 20 minutes before needing a battery change. I ended up selling my GB with just about every accessory ever developed for it to go towards a SNES.