Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

anyone in adelaide north ? need a space duel picked up

baz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey baz, don't be thinking there were 100's or 1000's of these made like this, it could be a generic thing, literally a 1 or 2 off.

Personally I would use the guts and get troy to make an atari cab

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ha, I think that seller is Victor, if it is, he sold me my working Asteroids

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

His feedback on 06Jan06 says thanks victor

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=adelaidearcade&iid=-1&de=off&interval=0&items=200

Good seller

He helped me ship via gav (AA USER GAV) who works at a transport company, Gav picked it up, using a tail lift, then wrapped it and sent it to me

adeaidarcade.. thats the guy on ebay i got this from.

he also sold a speed race just tonight.

this is what he wrote to me...

Dear sophisticated_imports,

Hi,

I used to be on AussieArcade but I lost my password & email and the admins won't respond to my queries, so I can't get back in without creating a new account :(

Don't let being in Melbourne stop you from bidding on these cabinets; I'm starting them at $10 each (although they're more than that now), I'm really more in need of space as opposed to trying to make big bucks on these. As long as you can arrange someone to collect them that's fine with me. Keep in mind that they'd need a sack truck or trolley or whatever to get it out of the house...

I love vector games especially colour ones (Space Duel, Tempest, Star Wars), so I'm hoping that this one goes to a good home. The PCB should still work but I'm unable to test it so I can't guarantee it.

Thanks.

- adelaidearcade

• Administrators

I'm not sure what he means by not responding. I check my emails and PM's everyday and ALWAYS respond. Tell him to contact me and I'll sort him out.

Cheers,

brad

He's back :)

With Brad's help (as well as from dezbaz) I've managed to get my account reset. w00t! I've now got a LOT of forum threads to catch up on ;)

Anyway, I'm the seller of this cabinet. I wasn't trying to get heaps of money for the cabinets, I was just trying to get rid of them and hopefully make a bit of pocket money. I wanted to get rid of project cabinets and just have cabinets that I can play rather than mucking about with.

To answer a question in the thread, I'm pretty sure it is the LAI 19" monitor. It worked last time I used it, but it'll need a cap kit unless you're really into the fuzzy-vector look.

The spacing of the button holes in the CP is a bit different to that on the overlay (purchased from arcadeshop a few years back), I'm guessing that was another of LAI's "genius" design decisions! Hopefully Baz will be less slack than me (not hard) and actually get the hole spacing fixed to match the CPO.

The manual is included, but it's the Atari one which means that the cabinet details are different, but it's handy for the PCB settings & schematics etc. I've found the coin door key, can't try the back door yet until I get someone to help me shift the cab away from the wall.

Thanks.

P.S. Hugs and kisses to necroscope :p

He's back :)

With Brad's help (as well as from dezbaz) I've managed to get my account reset. w00t! I've now got a LOT of forum threads to catch up on ;)

Anyway, I'm the seller of this cabinet. I wasn't trying to get heaps of money for the cabinets, I was just trying to get rid of them and hopefully make a bit of pocket money. I wanted to get rid of project cabinets and just have cabinets that I can play rather than mucking about with.

To answer a question in the thread, I'm pretty sure it is the LAI 19" monitor. It worked last time I used it, but it'll need a cap kit unless you're really into the fuzzy-vector look.

The spacing of the button holes in the CP is a bit different to that on the overlay (purchased from arcadeshop a few years back), I'm guessing that was another of LAI's "genius" design decisions! Hopefully Baz will be less slack than me (not hard) and actually get the hole spacing fixed to match the CPO.

The manual is included, but it's the Atari one which means that the cabinet details are different, but it's handy for the PCB settings & schematics etc. I've found the coin door key, can't try the back door yet until I get someone to help me shift the cab away from the wall.

Thanks.

P.S. Hugs and kisses to necroscope :p

hugs and kisses back at you poo :lol

hugs kisses AND tongue ? you two get a room will yah ? :rolleyes:lol

oh and cant wait to see this cab .. in my spare time ... :(

you will next time your over for choc milkshakes :)

How did you go getting this collected?

Victor isnt far from my place an have large van so pick up no issue

storage not an issue althought not to long as the wife bitches :)

I have no problems collecting this. I have storage, forklift plus pallet/packing at my workshop. Also have regular visits from trans direct and e-go, so they know where I am if you wanted to use them. Also I'm there all day.

I have no problems collecting this. I have storage, forklift plus pallet/packing at my workshop. Also have regular visits from trans direct and e-go, so they know where I am if you wanted to use them. Also I'm there all day.

Awesome Danny

Lot of interest in this cab (the monitor)

An LAI Colour Vector, intriguing . . . :D

Maybe we can wait and see when Baz has it. There is no info on LAI colour monitors, so perhaps its a WG6100??

I've finally managed to find the key to the back panel, and I can confirm that the monitor chassis is a 19K6101 (Wells Gardner), and the monitor is a 19VLUP22.

Baz, picked up the cab from Victor and is now at my workshop.

Thanks Victor for showing me your collection. Very nice line up of dedicated cabs ;)

One interesting fact I found out was that the Gauntlet cab I bought from Terry, was sold to him by Victor. Small world.

thanks danny , victor just sent me a email saying thank you etc etc.

victor pics of your line up of machines ? would love to see them :D

is danny going to take a peak under the hood. ( sides under the black paint..) or shall i do it ?

Want the good news or the bad?

The vinyl has been peeled off prior to the painting, only leaving the sticky glue backing.

This the exact same cabinet that I did up for a customer recently, but that was a moon patrol.

Good news it that I can take it off your hands for the same price you paid.

Want the good news or the bad?

The vinyl has been peeled off prior to the painting, only leaving the sticky glue backing.

This the exact same cabinet that I did up for a customer recently, but that was a moon patrol.

Good news it that I can take it off your hands for the same price you paid.

thats fine , not fussy about the side art.

nah , for me this one is something i really want to repair and keep for myself.

it been over 10 years since i own a vector game , but never owned a colour vector.. this will be my first.

i am looking forward to sussing it all out and doing the repair.

more then likely i will gutter the cab and hunt down a space duel cab from the usa.

then i will prob redo the entire cab into another game depending on what sides i can find that have been scanned in terms of coffin cabs.

my project in one becomes two.

colour vector monitors are near impossible to find.

a colour vector monitor and chassis alone in good working order i have seen goes as high as $600 .. ouch....

now if only i can find a zektor kit.......

Edited by baz