Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL14 Nominations Thread - NOMINATE YOUR GAMES HERE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I might throw in a last nomination for:

... Metal Slug

Early Neo Geo classic and another modernish game to balance the field. Not a vector graphic fighting pixels and still fun to play.

Definitely one of my fave neo geo games!

Have had a bash at a couple of games that I didn't know, enjoyed a couple of them, but didn't get the controls right for Kosmik Kroozer http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8354 as it has a joystick with button on top and a spinner.....maybe it can be played with an old school joystick and buttons, I didn't try any options, it will need working out.

Woohooo getting close now......7pm though, can we haggle? send me a PM at 5pm ;)

Am almost tempted to kick it off Sunday (tomorrow) night ah crap that's tonight I mean, shit look at the time... Plenty enough nominations already anyhow, maybe starting/ednding on a Sunday night would be better anyways.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Have had a bash at a couple of games that I didn't know, enjoyed a couple of them, but didn't get the controls right for Kosmik Kroozer http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8354 as it has a joystick with button on top and a spinner.....maybe it can be played with an old school joystick and buttons, I didn't try any options, it will need working out.

Hmmmm, whoever nominated this step forward (I'm too lazy to go back through the thread) and can you state if it can be played OK with standard controls ?

Kozmik Kroozr was one of mine.

I play it using one button for fire, one button for shield and have the spinner mapped to one button each for left and right. AD stick X analog is set to none, dial analog is set to none. I've scored 1.2 million using that setup. The INP is available at either TG or MARP which probably gives my technique for playing this one away but adds a little competition. I only wish that the same button mapping worked as well for Heavy Barrel or Midnight Resistance.

Cheers

Rob

• Administrators

I don't think I've ever played Kozmik Kroozer....well maybe I did and controls didn't work LOL. Now that I have a top fire and spinner rig I'll give it a crack. That being said I'm not sure that this nomination will work as it's stipulated that the games need to be single joystick and 6 buttons compatible. Not many people will have a spinner =(

Brad

I don't think I've ever played Kozmik Kroozer....well maybe I did and controls didn't work LOL. Now that I have a top fire and spinner rig I'll give it a crack. That being said I'm not sure that this nomination will work as it's stipulated that the games need to be single joystick and 6 buttons compatible. Not many people will have a spinner =(

Brad

From his post though you don't need a spinner as his spinner is mapped to 1 button each left and right. IE, not analogue but just the same as using a keyboard key for left and right.

Kozmik Kroozr was one of mine.

I play it using one button for fire, one button for shield and have the spinner mapped to one button each for left and right. AD stick X analog is set to none, dial analog is set to none. I've scored 1.2 million using that setup. The INP is available at either TG or MARP which probably gives my technique for playing this one away but adds a little competition. I only wish that the same button mapping worked as well for Heavy Barrel or Midnight Resistance.

Cheers

Rob

No probs, as long as it can be played without a spinner and cheers for the instructions on setup - should it come up for League play.

Going to change the start / end times for the games to 7pm Sundays.

I think it makes more sense as often there is a big push on the last day of a game, so having the time on a Sunday to crank out more games should be good for most.

Which means MGL14 kicks off 7pm TONIGHT!

Edited by Jed

No probs, as long as it can be played without a spinner and cheers for the instructions on setup - should it come up for League play.

I think it makes more sense as often there is a big push on the last day of a game, so having the time on a Sunday to crank out more games should be good for most.

Awesome!!! I was hoping you might change it :)

Wicked! Looking forward to getting started. :D