Quoted
    433 Post(s)
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by dezbaz View Post
    That's really cool, incredible!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice curves

Hehe. Yeah, I like a bit to hold myself

I forgot to mention that the glass is also the control panel and that there are touch switches for P1 and P2, and Coin 1 and Coin 2, in between the normal buttons. Seemed like a great idea at the time, but of course inevitably you end up hitting a shift key on the Ipac while in the heat of a game! Will have to map P1 joystick shift controls to unused keyboard letters or something. I was going to have the touch controls elsewhere but I had a lot of trouble I assume with static off the CRT so in between the switches was far enough away from the tube not to have static issues...
    Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Australia
    Image1.jpg

I'm getting towards the end of my first cab build. Will post some more pics when its 100%

I started this in January and mostly worked on it in the evenings or weekends although had a bit of downtime due to heatwaves.

I have graphics, marquee and t-molding ready to apply but may do that over the weekend.

I bought two sets of joystick / buttons off eBay. First was the Easyget encoder + 2 joysticks and LED buttons and the other were Happ buttons with 2 joysticks. I also bought Zippy light touch micro-switches as I didn't like the heavy click switches that came with both sets of buttons. The Easyget buttons seemed to be pretty poor quality, I installed these first but within a day or two some of the LEDs started to fail and some of the buttons are a bit squeaky when pressed. So I've taken them out and put the Happ buttons in for player 1. The easyget joysticks also had a strange octagon restrictor plate on the bottom which I found hard to roll the stick around with as it'd stick in the angle corners, so I switched to the restrictor plate I got with the Happ joystick which has a rounded square, feels much nicer.

I think I might make a single player only control panel as I like standing in the center of the machine rather than offset and I'm probably going to be the only one playing it 99% of the time.
    Last edited by megaderek; 11th April 2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: first image appeared with the wrong orientation

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Australia
    Just got the art and t-moulding on tonight.

Still need to finish off the 1 player only control panel, but its mostly finished.

IMG_8092.jpg IMG_8083.jpg IMG_8080.jpg IMG_8094.jpg

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information