Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL14 - Call for ideas

How about making noms a min of 1 and max of 5 ? if you only have three that's fine, and if a few people only have two or three then we all get more chance of a nom coming up, and it still might cut down on filler. Emphasize that you should only nom a game if you really want it to come up and think it will be a good selection for MGL.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about making noms a min of 1 and max of 5 ? if you only have three that's fine, and if a few people only have two or three then we all get more chance of a nom coming up, and it still might cut down on filler. Emphasize that you should only nom a game if you really want it to come up and think it will be a good selection for MGL.

Sounds good to me:)

Isn't that what it is, and has been, or am i missing something here? Never thought it was mandatory to have 5

Yep, it's never been you had to nominate 5, just up to 5. Some people in previous MGL's only nominated 1 or 2.

Maybe I'll just nominate one.

In fact how's that for a theme. Highlander. There can be only one :D

Yep, it's never been you had to nominate 5, just up to 5. Some people in previous MGL's only nominated 1 or 2.

Maybe I'll just nominate one.

In fact how's that for a theme. Highlander. There can be only one :D

Sounds good to me:) Nom your ultimate fav game, and with the amount of actual players your game is sure to come up. Do it Jam!!

" GAMERS OF THE UNIVERSE "

Hey guys, just skimmed over the posts and would have to say that I agree with most that we should leave the format as per MGL 13 (as I think it worked very well) and also look at using the Twin Galaxy dip settings as then we have more of a comparison of how our scores match up against those :) Although, for the life of me, I cannot understand why for Pacman and Pengo they need 5 lives rather than 3..? I can't imagine any Arcade even having a cabinet set to 5 lives.. they would never have made much money off it.

BTW Jamma, still waiting for my prize from MGL 13 :p

Hey guys, just skimmed over the posts and would have to say that I agree with most that we should leave the format as per MGL 13 (as I think it worked very well) and also look at using the Twin Galaxy dip settings as then we have more of a comparison of how our scores match up against those :) Although, for the life of me, I cannot understand why for Pacman and Pengo they need 5 lives rather than 3..? I can't imagine any Arcade even having a cabinet set to 5 lives.. they would never have made much money off it.

BTW Jamma, still waiting for my prize from MGL 13 :p

I've almost given up on what I ordered as prizes. 6 weeks now, the supplier keeps saying the classic '2 weeks' each tjme I enquire. Problem being a refund and organise new suitable prizes at this time of year... anyway it will happen. Next MGL I might see if a sponsor can be found to foot the bill for prizes, perhaps a dealer from AA.

As for the lives thing, some games do benefit. Ghosts and Goblins should be standard 7 lives, man that game is brutal. Still yet to finish it. I could cheat and set save points to lern the game, but then you might as well be playing an f6 quicksave pc game, YAWN...no challenge, and that's what these 80's games are all about.

haha, no worries mate. The fact that you even were putting up prizes was pretty cool!. I was only just playing for the AA prestige anyway :P

Definitely agree though, Ghosts & Goblins should have at least 20 lives.. crazy hard game. It took me forever just to get part way through the second level off one credit with 3 lives... I think I only ever got through the NES version as a kid by using the 30 lives cheat...

I got to the end boss in Ghosts and Goblins on one coin at the arcade bitd, but you need the cross to kill him and I have not been able to do that, the range is so short. Then if you do kill him with the cross you start again and have to go through it all again to get to the true finish. I find Ghouls and Ghosts to be much harder.

I would be happy to offer store credit as one of the prizes. That way the winner can choose what they want.

That is great - thanks very much ! :) Before MGL14 gets underway I'll PM you to finalise details.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I got to the end boss in Ghosts and Goblins on one coin at the arcade bitd, but you need the cross to kill him and I have not been able to do that, the range is so short. Then if you do kill him with the cross you start again and have to go through it all again to get to the true finish. I find Ghouls and Ghosts to be much harder.

On one coin is a hell of an effort Rat :worship: I have got to the last guy as well, but on many continues (and no cross either.) That last section is damn hard :realmad: I knew you have to go through twice to truly finish it, I have seen a couple others on AA posting the end screens when they both did it - using continues... I did finish it on the excellent (but much easier) C64 version. I don't enjoy Ghouls and Ghosts anywhere near as much though, I tried to like it, but couldn't.