Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Voxatron debuts at the Humble Indie Bundle

elvis

Just gave this a bash and straight off I had some great fun with it! I would love to see duel joystick action in a similar way to SmashTV with it, but it doesn't seem to be implemented - fingers crossed it does in future though. Really quirky and really addictive shooter!

I tried the Linux version on my work laptop (very high spec) and the computer I'm using now and they both worked flawlessly. Will try windows once I get around to putting it on the Mame machine. Being able to DL any version/every version you want, have no DRM, and pay the amount you want is so cool. Highly recommended guys!

I would love being able to change direction of fire while moving it does make it more challenging as is, quite cool looking and fun so far.

You can if you use a mouse, but it isn't as accurate as it could be. I threw it on the Mame machine and gave the adventure a nice run (shirking all responsibilities in real life) and I now see why they chose the control layout they did - seems to be designed for a standard arcade layout, and the platforming sections mean that it would be really hard using duel sticks like SmashTV.

It got pretty tough in the adventure though. Definitely have to start conserving lives before going into the next rooms!

I only played for a short time and the room i got up to is annoying with those stupid armadillo rolling purple creatures and the first powerup that gives you a sword / armour. A gamepad would be good to use if you can use the old twin analogue sticks one to move and one to shoot like Geometry Wars that would be awesome.

Also more games added to the bundle! Blocks that Matter and The Binding of Isaac which is cool as I was looking at picking up the Binding of Isaac.

Played a bit of Binding of Isaac, same graphical styling for those familiar with Super Meat Boy but with randomly generated zelda style dungeons its great fun, personally I wouldn't play it near kids it may look cartoony but may be disturbing to them.

Played a bit of Isaac, and it is pretty cool.... I am really getting into Voxatron though! I finished the adventure, and now I have been playing the user creations - just finished a cool SpaceInvaders one! My kid just made a level as well using the editor which was full of bombs (his favorite weapon) and was laughing his head off watching crap get blown to bits. Really cool game, and the arcade style levels being made by users now are cool even after such a short time.

• 2 weeks later...