Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

hi guys i have 2 sets of ems topguns 1 which im having difficult to set up on my pc for my hyperspin set up..the pc picks up the drivers for the gun but it doesnt fire up which im about to go off my nuts :realmad::realmad:..read all the thread from other forum and still wont calibriate on the screen..Can anyone out there has documentation of step by step of setting the guns up:) which is simple to follow ty

HI, I have 2 on my mame cabinet, they can be rather frustrating to set up but not actually that hard. Its just there is know good instructions in english and I think play asia dont even know how to set them up properly themselves.

Any way 1. Make sure the guns are in the usb port they were originally in when you installed the drivers.

2. Make sure mouse, keyboard and anything else that was plugged in when you installed the drivers are in the same usb ports as they were at the time of the install. ( the ems top gun takes a image of how your computer was setup at the time of the install, if anything changes you will have dramas.)

3. As for calibration make sure your standing about 3 times the distance from your screen as the distance between the 2 sensors. Then begin the calibration process as per the instructions.

If your still having trouble let me know mine work great and are very accurate on a 70 inch screen!!!

Cheers

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

also you need to change the ini file in mame once calibrated so they will work in mame im presuming thats the emulator your using with hyperspin

gday jpaus29 ty for the info ...did you use the the cd which came with it to install the drivers ? my problem is i get is the lcd image link error and always needs the password to unzipp the driver which i dont have access to....i know its a pain in a a@@ ...installed it and un-installed so many time ..i am running tiny xp on the pc ..would that be problem for not pickicg it up:redface

HI, yeh i used the cd which came with the guns to install the drivers. Im running windows xp, tiny xp could be your problem im not sure if its compatible with the ems top gun. Perhaps try the in stall on a computer with xp and see how it goes. if it works you know its tiny xp thats your problem.

Hi, You need to change 0 to 1 for lightguns or mouse=lightgun in your mame ini file. I will check my cabs settings tomorrow and let you know if you havent had luck by then. Also you will need to calibrate the guns for each game you want to play by pressing F2 as each game loads. You will also need to select the trigger and reload buttons in the mame tab menu. You should be able to find tutorials for everything on google.

Hope i have been some help.

Cheers ty 4 info JP Its been very helpful ill start googling the tutorial part of the setup for all trigger and reload in the mame tab menu.Can you tell me which mame version have you got which the gun work on please:redface

Cheers

Leo

Hi, I am running mame .140 but they should be fine with most versions I imagine. To get to your tab menu simply press tab when in the game there you will find the menu. If you get stuck any more just let me know I should be able to guide you through it. I have put a couple pics up of mine playing deer hunting as well.

Cheers

IMG_6124.thumb.jpg.6701baad4c8c55cc4b459dc09dfcd71b.jpg

IMG_6125.thumb.jpg.bd91f7c4c9826a1fef09e764c260f886.jpg

IMG_6126.thumb.jpg.ad399738a5d4a4c3a423697013fa7096.jpg

IMG_6127.thumb.jpg.d12a7fd5160eb935361cde86ee8110de.jpg