Page 1 of 197 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: *** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1171 Post(s)

Cool *** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

Dear GREAT Australians,

This country has a great history and tradition in sport performance plus outstanding bravery and perseverance in difficult times.

However in video gaming, it seems that we are not that good, or am I wrong?
    The acid test, is to take up the challenge, play till the ground breaks and compete with scores at Twin Galaxies (TG).
    This is a free service and all the details for submission are on their website: twingalaxies.com
    (Do I work for TG, no I don't, but this is the only way to verify achievements by players.)

I am asking everyone in the forum and anyone else you know, why not take up the challenge?
    It would be great to see all those Australians on the TG site, certified as legends, willing to have a go, and hell why not have a go?
    If not, then maybe it's true, we're not that good.

This is not only MAME, it includes Wii, Xbox, PS3, PS2, Sega Saturn, Gameboy, ARCADE originals etc.
    This is why this thread is in the Arcade section and not in the MAME thread.
    Plus I would like to catch all the people who visit AA who would generally pass through the Arcade thread.
    If there is enough interest, maybe the great administrators at AA can make this thread a sticky.

You don't have to be the best in the world. From 1 to 50, it is still a great achievement and I think you would like to see your name up there.
    (There is no way to look up all the players with records on TG from Australia, so I'd like you to let everyone else know by posting on this thread.)

Please post a screenshot of your verified score on TG.
    It needs to be at least a shot as below, "Listing Player Scores":
    (BTW John, Congratulations on that record!)

Also, you are all welcome to post screen shots of your score before it has been verified, BUT ONLY IF IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO TWIN GALAXIES.
    Please don't post scores that beat other records unless the game play has been submitted to TG.
    So if you send in a submission to TG, please post the score screenshot immediately so we all know about it before it is verified by TG.

Players who may take up the challenge?:
    1. I have checked the MGL tournies and there are some great scores there.
    Maybe all the MGL games should now be at TG settings so members can submit to TG anyway?
    I think these guys and gals could setup their MAME and other platforms to the TG settings and might be good enough to make the TG scoreboard.
    (Maybe even restore an Arcade machine like Visy does and then play it)
    If you do make it onto the TG scoreboard, please let us know on this thread.
    We'll all celebrate your record.

2. In the Arcades back thousands of years ago, these player dinosaurs gaming then are still around!
    They were all over the nation, in the great cities and towns of VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS, ACT, NT & NSW.
    Well the sleeper needs to be awakened, this is a calling!

3. All these great kids that play Wii, PS3, Xbox, PS2 and even MAME and ARCADE are there as well, future stars or people just wanting to have some fun.
    Over the decades that I have watched Australians play video games, I would have to say we have some great players, but unfortunately great by sight only, not in recorded history.
    The opportunity is now available to verify the scores.

If you know any other Australians that have TG scores, can you please post the person's name and better still post a TG screenshot so we can all see who they are.
    I will add your and their achievements to the table below:

Please post if you are planning on going for a record and if you get it, then please also provide us all with a short story on the drama.

Have fun video gaming, it's only a game, but it's a real fun game and great to share with friends.
    How good are we?
    Last edited by OOO; 21st October 2014 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Rat plays great ...

State
    King Island
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    Great thread!

There are a few Aussies plugging away at the TG scoreboard, off the top of my head.....

John Eden............ he is a member here. (lots of records)

Phil Day..........former Galaga WR holder

Rob Macauley (lots of records)

I have a couple of MAME up there too, with some arcade ones ready to post to a Ref.

john

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1171 Post(s)

Dear John,

Thanks for the leads.
    When you get a moment, please post your TG "Listing Player Scores" in this thread so we can all see your great achievements.

I hope John Eden reads this post and posts his scores as well.
    If Phil Day and Rob Macauley are members I hope they will post as well.
    They and you may have something interesting to say about the records.

The search and the challenge continues.....

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2299 Post(s)
    Nice idea OOO

I want to get my name on Donkey Kong list at some stage even though I'm probably 800K short of the world record. I'm also planning over Xmas to setup a digital camera and try and knock off one or two of the XBox Pacman CE records (they aren't very high on TG compared to what you see on the online scoreboard)

Meeting TG's requirements, while not overly difficult, can be a bit of a pain in the arse which is what probably stops a lot of people from bothering. In the last MGL, Brad smashed the TG record for Terra Cresta and I think he still had some more in the tank if he kept practicing but I don't know that he was overly interested in having his name up in lights on TG

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)
    Here's mine ->

Attachment 31067

Just 2 scores for me, both of which I've beaten since. There is a whole bunch of games I've been meaning to try for scores on but havn't got around to it, hopefully this thread gets me motivated.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    Nice idea OOO

I want to get my name on Donkey Kong list at some stage even though I'm probably 800K short of the world record. I'm also planning over Xmas to setup a digital camera and try and knock off one or two of the XBox Pacman CE records (they aren't very high on TG compared to what you see on the online scoreboard)

Meeting TG's requirements, while not overly difficult, can be a bit of a pain in the arse which is what probably stops a lot of people from bothering. In the last MGL, Brad smashed the TG record for Terra Cresta and I think he still had some more in the tank if he kept practicing but I don't know that he was overly interested in having his name up in lights on TG
    Dear John,

A top idea on the camera and going for a record. Good luck with your project!
    On the DK, you might be 800K short but if you practice you will get heaps better and a much higher score.
    If I remember correctly, there is a really good player on DK in AA. Hmmm, no pressure, we'll just wait to see what happens.

Re Brad on Terra Cresta, well I think that's a must to try and go for it and send to TG.
    If not, well that was a missed opportunity!
    It's only hearsay now.

I'd like to see Australians do great and get recognised for it.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Here's mine ->

Just 2 scores for me, both of which I've beaten since. There is a whole bunch of games I've been meaning to try for scores on but havn't got around to it, hopefully this thread gets me motivated.
    Dear Kane,

Great stuff on the records!
    That's a great Crazy Kong score!
    You say you have beaten these, but I guess you haven't submitted these to TG?

I'll add your scores to the master table.

Both the games you picked are great games.
    I hope you will show us and yourself what you can do.
    You never know unless you try!
    And have fun just trying.

PS: Love your jump man avatar.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    I think using TG dips for the MGL is a good idea, and has been bought up before, in fact I think we already did it last time.

But recording, verifying, using wolfmame etc etc, stuff that, keep it easy informal and fun
    I used to submit to MARP but now I find the MGL more fun.

I tried submitting to TG twice in the past but was ignored. I might try again one day, but I'm in no hurry. I would love a certificate, but it has to be fun to play.

State
    King Island
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO
    Please post if you are planning on going for a record and if you get it, then please also provide us all with a short story on the drama.

Ha ha ha,

What about a LONG story, AND heaps of drama...........here's MY story........

3.5 years in the making

27 000 views

560 replys

Many arguments and heated debate

2 world records for the same game...MAME & Arcade

I'm the only one on the planet to have documented & verified recordings of one of arcade gamings recognised "holy grail" achievements...the "30 million point zookeeper jump"

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/f...pic,846.0.html

john

State
    Berwick, Victoria
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    572 Post(s)
    My current TG scores. Used these as a test platform for the submission process and will hopefully get time to return to improve them.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1171 Post(s)

** ED209 aka Aaron Reardon - BLOWS UP "Mr TNT" for new WR **

You're right Rat, it needs to be fun to play.

So no pressure on anyone to do it, the thread is just making people aware of it and think about putting their name down in history.
    Whether from 1st to 50th in game play records, you can still have great fun, impress your friends and maybe get a TG Certificate with your name and accomplishment.
    A framed cert would look good in your games room or just on the wall.
    Just ask John73.
    Maybe post the certificate on this thread.

Like I said, it would be great to see all these Australians have a go and we'll see how good we are.
    It's not everyone's cup of tea though.

MARP is a good site for scores and replays, but the settings of these scores can be anything, eg easy, medium, hard, very hard, x lives etc.
    The scores have no relative meaning and a player claim that it is on TG settings is not verified.
    Last edited by OOO; 25th August 2013 at 05:32 PM.

Page 1 of 197 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information