Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

*** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

OOO

That would be great. Where possible, all our machines are set matching TG settings so people can play for scores any time. We also have tripods and camera stands available for record WR attempts.

I'm happy to jump on the phone and help you out for what you need to get captured when Dale beats that SF2:CE record.

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112058[/ATTACH]

Just submitted a high score for arcade SF2:WW: EDIT, am I allowed to link to the voting thread?

Not sure how it'll go, never done this before :)

Thought I would poke this one again since a year has passed: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/190598-Arcade-Street-Fighter-II-The-World-Warrior-Points-Tournament-Settings-1-398-800-Evan-Weston

WW.thumb.jpg.933a3e8d208162d1b8c73f2dd77d76fc.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just checked the MAME ESI at TG for an update and found that Robert Macauley from AA has the no.1 spot again. I didn't think Rob had submitted any scores recently. If not, then other gamers have lowered Rodrigo Lopes ESI score. Andrew Barrow from AA is in 3rd place, Max Haraske in 9th place and Clay in 10th place. John McNeill is in 14th place and moving up the ladder.

QRuKryA.png

:)

Just checked the MAME ESI at TG for an update and found that Robert Macauley from AA has the no.1 spot again. I didn't think Rob had submitted any scores recently. If not, then other gamers have lowered Rodrigo Lopes ESI score. Andrew Barrow from AA is in 3rd place, Max Haraske in 9th place and Clay in 10th place. John McNeill is in 14th place and moving up the ladder.

QRuKryA.png

People must be lowering Rodrigo's ESI because I haven't submitted anything to TG in at least 5 years. Kozmic Kroozer was my last submission from memory. I'm still not verified and if I did get verified I'd need to either buy a video camera or start streaming and work out how to submit the required video evidence from the stream.

We'll see what happens

Edit: As of a few minutes ago I'm now verified at TG. Thankfully now it didn't require an international phone call. I'd entered my mobile number on my last failed attempt. This time I clicked a link which sent an SMS with a code, entered the code and all good to go. Much easier and no accidental calls to Sydney building supplies companies this time

Edited by RMacauley

Thanks @OOO

Score wars was one of the best events I've ever had the privilege to be apart of. It was absolutely stunning what they did. Really hoping they continue on, even if it means another game and I don't get to go.

PS There may have been a change in leaders in the ESI table :lol

Thanks @OOO

Score wars was one of the best events I've ever had the privilege to be apart of. It was absolutely stunning what they did. Really hoping they continue on, even if it means another game and I don't get to go.

I agree with you. This was much better than any Kong Off ever. I enjoyed the pro commentary, the fantastic site, the stream, the promo and the complete tournament. Again much better than anything before it. But it was a once off so far. You know there is talk of a world Robotron at Meow Wolf, but I don't know if this event will be held. It needs sponsors and Namco provided plenty. Will they do it again? I hope so. I would prefer it to be Galaga again, or maybe Bump n Jump.

Thanks @OOO

PS There may have been a change in leaders in the ESI table :lol

Well there you go. Your timing was perfect. MGLXXXVII opened on 14-Sep-18, and you let us all know by a "hint" that you are now Top of the World on MAME on the same day.

Congratulations. It takes a tremendous amount of effort in years and great play to hit the Top 50, and now you are No.1 which is amazing. Robert Macauley in now 2nd place is such a great gamer, as well as many others at AA.

6pOcj7Z.png

Watch out for @John73 currently in 14th place, he is on your tail.

People must be lowering Rodrigo's ESI because I haven't submitted anything to TG in at least 5 years. Kozmic Kroozer was my last submission from memory. I'm still not verified and if I did get verified I'd need to either buy a video camera or start streaming and work out how to submit the required video evidence from the stream.

You can either stream and then use a link to your Twitch video which TG will then download and imbed, or just use the streaming software OBS or similar, and record it locally as a FLV file and upload that without streaming. Both will work fine for MAME. Can use camcorder or webcam, but you still need to include the INP as per the old days.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch out for @John73 currently in 14th place, he is on your tail.

I haven't submitted much lately. I've pretty much sucked out all the points I can for the moment on the games I like. Lot's of other games still, but the ESI v Time Required is pretty high considering all the other stuff I'm trying to get done at present.

I'm actually more interested in the arcade leaderboard at the moment, but I do have serious issues with scores being accepted on arcade tracks at this current time at Twin Galaxies, seems we are reverting back to the Billy days without even knowing it.

I'm actually more interested in the arcade leaderboard at the moment, but I do have serious issues with scores being accepted on arcade tracks at this current time at Twin Galaxies, seems we are reverting back to the Billy days without even knowing it.

What do you mean? Do you have examples?

- - - Updated - - -

What about this information ... https://www.facebook.com/cat.despira/posts/1389273231210190. I thought Jon Tannahill is the World Champion on Space Invaders. Funny how gamers make friends. Also funny how people stick together no matter what. And RK is running the Kong Off at Netherworld. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, especially when money and credibility are at stake.

What do you mean? Do you have examples?

Posts by me are on TG, I won't give exact examples here - but scores are passing adjudication for arcade without showing PCB's based on "popularity" or "the venue" - I say no to this, but popularity is starting to rule the roost.

- - - Updated - - -

What about this information ... https://www.facebook.com/cat.despira/posts/1389273231210190?__xts__[0]=68.ARAtUGUa8oLEAQqJK-GtjgYfuCFbkkz9gvnz8dkoRcooZ12035aMBt7zIfVrJXRH2X7Qsaas35sHFBqKTZg61-iJMi41byuJ8-dqfR-KoGIN2oiIoFJVQM8Hg1JvKUwpyP_mo1apHAWzySBdMRe_cj-jjwKQAOTOx7kHjstOfZMQH-ienEP8pw&__tn__=-R

Funny how people stick together. And he is running the Kong Off at NW.

First I have heard of it.

Sad to say, for all the good work Jace Hall has done, TGSAP is being used not in it's intended method and it's going to lead to a whole new bogus scoreboard.

Posts by me are on TG, I won't give exact examples here - but scores are passing adjudication for arcade without showing PCB's based on "popularity" or "the venue" - I say no to this, but popularity is starting to rule the roost.

I agree with you, if you do not show the PCB and settings etc, it should not be accepted. I think at Meow Wolf they had recordings without the PCB settings shown. I am not sure if any of these submissions were accepted at TG.

I agree with you, if you do not show the PCB and settings etc, it should not be accepted. I think at Meow Wolf they had recordings without the PCB settings shown. I am not sure if any of these submissions were accepted at TG.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Galaga scores are in the database. Armando has since bettered his marathon score and TGTS score (I think?). Barra didn't submit his score even though for events like this I'd more willingly accept the scores.

There have been scores from Funspot accepted because "Funtspot only use original hardware in all machine" - even though it's strongly suggested all games don't use original hardware - who knows if they have bootlegs..... and then we have scores from McAlister at Ken House's home arcade where he couldn't be arsed showing the board for whatever reason, mainly because "I'm John McAlister and I wouldn't cheat".

I'm not saying any of these scores aren't legit, but isn't this how we got scores in the database in the first place when Walter was way to trusting?

One for you @OOO

Haha, thank you very much for that link. My Japanese is a little rusty, but can you believe it, ultra wide screen Xevious, with not 1, but 7 x Andor Genesis mother ships. Someone pinch me! Absolute heaven!

G7Wajuo.png

That looks like so much fun. The key would be to take out each mother ship as they appear, yet avoiding their air support and ground fire.

Great link! Now where are my yen coins?

rxkQQB5.gifrxkQQB5.gifrxkQQB5.gifrxkQQB5.gifrxkQQB5.gifrxkQQB5.gifrxkQQB5.gif

• 1 month later...

Armando Gonzalez has broken the 29 year old Galaga Marathon record. He played live at Pinball Madness in Banning, California

I spoke with Armando tonight and his unofficial score is 17.6m. The old record set in 1989 was 15,999,990

So happy for him. He's a good friend of mine and an overall great guy, no one is more deserving. The footage will be uploaded within the coming days and submitted to TG

1055907693_ArmandoWR.jpg.9740c2ffd082988c859216c42168d8ba.jpg

Armando Gonzalez has broken the 29 year old Galaga Marathon record. He played live at Pinball Madness in Banning, California

I spoke with Armando tonight and his unofficial score is 17.6m. The old record set in 1989 was 15,999,990

So happy for him. He's a good friend of mine and an overall great guy, no one is more deserving. The footage will be uploaded within the coming days and submitted to TG

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137578[/ATTACH]

Great score. Congratulations Armando! I wonder how long he played the game for this score?

Will anyone else try and improve on the new WR in the near future?

Armando's game has been submission to Twin Galaxies: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/194641-Arcade-Galaga-Points-Marathon-17-684-050-ARMANDO-GONZALEZ

Also Kotaku have picked up on the story in the most Australian way ever, trying to claim Armando as their own! :lol

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/10/galaga-champ-obliterates-29-year-old-world-record-over-11-hours/?fbclid=IwAR0H_noTGVrc4CsRU0IGaf3wXXcQgz6hAueLrWHEukpEHaDTyx7PVavOWw4

"The Australian spent 10 hours and 50 minutes playing at the Museum of Pinball, California, where the score was verified."

Armando's game has been submission to Twin Galaxies: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/194641-Arcade-Galaga-Points-Marathon-17-684-050-ARMANDO-GONZALEZ

Also Kotaku have picked up on the story in the most Australian way ever, trying to claim Armando as their own! :lol

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/10/galaga-champ-obliterates-29-year-old-world-record-over-11-hours/?fbclid=IwAR0H_noTGVrc4CsRU0IGaf3wXXcQgz6hAueLrWHEukpEHaDTyx7PVavOWw4

"The Australian spent 10 hours and 50 minutes playing at the Museum of Pinball, California, where the score was verified."

As several of your countrymen have discovered we'll claim anyone who does something huge on the world stage as our own until they f@$k up. Then we disown them just as quickly. It's the Australian way :lol

• 2 months later...

Hey Arcaders

Just wondering if someone can clarify a Twin Galaxies query I had? My good mate Nigel is getting closer to considering going for the Rastan record. We were just a little bit confused on the wording of the bonus life setting in the rules for the game.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/rastan/arcade/points/

The Dip switch setting for the game is easy, bonus life at 100 k. I'm assuming this means every 100 k - as there is no setting for just 100 k judging by MAME.

I'm assuming there wouldn't be an arbitrary cut-off enacted for any extra lives gained after 100k?

Anyone with more experience with these matters clarify?

Cheers

The Dip switch setting for the game is easy, bonus life at 100 k. I'm assuming this means every 100 k - as there is no setting for just 100 k judging by MAME.

You can usually download the arcade manual and check the dip switch options. The Rastan manual says there is only 4 options for extra lives - 100k, 150k, 200k and 250k so yes your assumption would be correct.

• 4 weeks later...

As well as running the MGL for us keen gamers it seems that @OOO has been busy doing a bit of gaming himself.

Congratulations Paul on absolutely smashing the world record on Dommy.

323,980 points equals a whole lot of domino pushing.

Check it out...

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/199690-m-a-m-e-dommy-points-323-980-paul-hornitzky

Edited by bigredbird