Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

*** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

OOO

Nice one Paul! I like 13:50 of the video, enemies get a bit close, camera gets bumped, desk gets kicked and monitor has a bit of a wobble :D Sums up this game well.

Thanks everyone. Good pickup Kane. The control behaviour in this game makes it very difficult to play well, so that push to the right for the subtle wobble was an expression of “make it happen”. Interesting game.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So, did you do what it says on the screen? - INSERT COIN

Yes I did. Mr Do was one of the side comp games. Had a very ordinary 180K+ game that got beaten by a 191K. On my only other attempt I had to walk away on 177K with lives to spare and never got around to playing again. The game played very well though. Probably would've played it a bit more if Netherworld had been open again before I flew home

Found this clown lurking in the Netherworld looking for bigredbird

This looks like the machine owned by John Glover. How come the machine is setup on it's side?

[attach]146624[/attach]

It even says Side Comp on the marquee!!!! No wonder it's so hard to get a decent high score ... :rolleyes

@John73 have you played this yet? I thought this would be at Pincadia and not Netherworld? Are you still gaming John, or is watching the AFL on telly too overwhelming?

@bigredbird I hope you can get up there to play one of your favorite machine some day, assuming it does not disappear sometime soon.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

@John73 have you played this yet? I thought this would be at Pincadia and not Netherworld? Are you still gaming John, or is watching the AFL on telly too overwhelming?

@bigredbird I hope you can get up there to play one of your favorite machine some day, assuming it does not disappear sometime soon.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

It was at Pincadia, it got taken to Netherworld for the BOTA-USA competition - it could well return to Pincadia, but space is quickly running out for machines - New arrivals Rally X, 1942, Punch Out have taken up most of the room. 1942 is mine (well the PCB is, the cab will be when I can afford to pay John for it :lol ) Star Trek pinball returned from repair today (thanks to John Glover) - think at last count it was 22 pinball machines, 24 odd arcade machines (with a good amount of those being original PCB's)

Will keep 1942 there until at least after teh Gala-Gala event, I believe Barra & Rob may want to have a shot a 1 CC'ing it. Also hoping to get my other lowboy in there, probably with Stern Turtles in it so current WR holder Dwayne Richard can have a go.

And yes, taking a keen interest in the AFL again - being across the road from the Gabba has renewed my interest in the AFL, and the Brisbane Lions are doing well so far this season.

It was at Pincadia, it got taken to Netherworld for the BOTA-USA competition

Netherworld finished a very distant last. Must have been fun somehow playing the trackball games Marble Madness and Crystal Castles. George Strain scored a fine 278K on Congo Bongo.

Pnj174k.png

Johnny Bonde was the best in the NW team with 37th individual place. Then a certain Mr Broadfoot in 38th place. You took out 45th place. I guess that was all good as Martin Bedard was only slightly higher in 35th place. Did you all enjoy the tournament? Will you play again next year and what about Pincadia joining next season?

jlPrrvT.png

sSIaAna.png

I thought Ken House and his team that have won every BOTA previously (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017) would play, but they did not show up. Ken only has a few machines anyway.

I wonder if @bigredbird would have high scored the Mr Do! game with Donald Hayes scoring 824K? The game is on average difficulty, so an earlier difficulty ramp up compared to easy setting.

lHRcXDB.png

(well the PCB is, the cab will be when I can afford to pay John for it :lol )

Yes I know what you mean.

And yes, taking a keen interest in the AFL again - being across the road from the Gabba has renewed my interest in the AFL, and the Brisbane Lions are doing well so far this season.

The Lions have won 3 premierships, and amazingly they were 3 in a row from 2001 to 2003. Amazing a bit like Liverpool in the Champions League 2 days ago overcoming a 0-3 deficit against Barcelona to win 4-0 at home. Liverpool win the tie on aggregate 4 to 3 to go to the final. And then the next day Tottenham play a fantastic 2nd half as well to come from 0-3 down to fight for a 4-3 aggregate win against Ajax away at 90 minutes + 6 in stoppage time. Two English teams in the final, so an English team has to win right. Amazing games, amazing times.

:)

Edited by OOO

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Checked the Twin Galaxies MAME ESI standings tonight. 2nd place @RMacauley and 3rd place @JasonV91 are now neck and neck.

There is a very strong correlation that competing in the MGL and giving it your best shot, helps you get to the top of the TG World ESI standings.

7 of the 10 top gamers in the TG MAME ESI standings have competed in the MGL (Lopes, Mruczek and Bedard have not played in the MGL).

MGL Champions take the top 3 spots, as well as 9th and 10th place in the world standings.

Om7oVDr.png

Other excellent MGL gamers are @John73 in 14th place, @D.B. Cooper in 17th place, @kernzy in 20th place, MichaelD in 26th place, @terencew in 27th place, @ILLSeaBass in 34th place, ivanstorm1973 in 41st place, @bensweeneyonbass in 42nd place, @SMK in 44th place, @Sawys in 51st place, wirre.the.man in 58th place, @camaro in 70th place, @kane in 74th place, @Fordy in 75th place, xelnia in 92nd place and @RichyS in 95th place. That completes the Top 100.

Congratulations everyone.

:023:

Edited by OOO

• 1 month later...
It's getting tight at the top again.

Due (I think) to the recent removal of someone and all his scores from TG there's now .85 between Barra in 1st and me in 2nd with Jason still a very close 3rd.

Interesting times ahead methinks :cool:

Saw that as well haha, I think JV will overtake us both pretty soon

It's getting tight at the top again.

Due (I think) to the recent removal of someone and all his scores from TG there's now .85 between Barra in 1st and me in 2nd with Jason still a very close 3rd.

Interesting times ahead methinks :cool:

Spot on!

I am guessing Rodrigo Lopes had all of his scores removed from TG for life? This was due to cheating? Any details?

MORE IMPORTANTLY ... the gap at the very top, is now miniscule! As of 6-Dec-2019, the Twin Galaxies Top 10 MAME ESI Scoreboard reads like this ...

jxrZSql.png

Andrew Barrow @Barra leads by only 8.94 ESI points. He keeps the world title for now, however Robert Macauley @RMacauley is that gamer in that incredibly close 2nd place. Jason Vasiloff @JasonV91 is in 3rd place, only 81.42 ESI points behind the world no.1 spot.

Competitive gaming in the MGL will determine the world champion and the top TG MAME ESI gamers, as it has for several years.

Exciting gaming to come. Congratulations also to Neil Chapman who joins the Top 10 in the world.

Other MGL gamers are moving up the TG World MAME ESI rankings.

Great stuff!

mgl.thumb.PNG.27c879efb3ff286371cecb4f2271a447.PNG

And here is a snapshot of the top 10 (well top 11 cause I wanted my name in it) :D

Of course, if Guinness decides to report someone with the most records, we know they'll roll over if Rodrigo can cut and paste a BS legal document as our good friend Billy did.

• Like 1

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157076

And here is a snapshot of the top 10 (well top 11 cause I wanted my name in it) :D

Of course, if Guinness decides to report someone with the most records, we know they'll roll over if Rodrigo can cut and paste a BS legal document as our good friend Billy did.

Great effort and great gaming John! Now in 11th place, that's up 3 spots in just 5 weeks!

Talking about spots, I was in Spotlight tonight looking for some curtain brackets. Yes the boring stuff like home renovation. I came across this great mug, thought of another great mug (LOL), and had to post this image.

r8MGvke.jpg

This guy looks just like you. It's now a salute to you Mr Bump (n Jump). I love the bandages from all the bumps, just like real life and video gaming.

• 1 month later...
Get 'im Rob

Believe me I was trying. swordfight

I had 2 submissions get accepted today. R-Type and Wardner. I've still got 8 in the queue but only 3 of those 8 had a MAME analysis done before they stopped being done. The 3 with an analysis will trickle through but I can see those 5 without an analysis sit there indefinitely. Kinda like the old referee days. :sleep

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this message on Facebook ...

Congratulations to Jordan on the new world record!

GalagWRMarathonDorrington.thumb.PNG.dbae2efc07b5777c3105090f9e31ffc6.PNG

Will there be any competition from @Barra or @SMK in the future? Will Armando Gonzalez try as well? Will anyone else make the attempt? What will the limit be to the score in the future? Hmmm ....

Galaga ...

FlyerGalaga1.thumb.jpg.b13a2d2c124c250b09fff8354145c25c.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The latest Twin Galaxies MAME ESI standings as of 7-Apr-2020. The last update was posted on 7-Jan-2020 and Jason @JasonV91 moves up to 2nd place. Andrew @Barra increases his lead as no.1 and Robert Macauley is less than 20 points behind 2nd place.

SfoihS2.png

Robert Macauley @RMacauley is the no.1 in the world for "Most World Records in MAME". Andrew is in 2nd place, Jason in 3rd place, Max @magrinder in 8th place and John @John73 in 9th place.

aog1eGZ.png

Well done all.

:rolleyes

• Like 1