Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1963

Thread: *** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Nice one Paul! I like 13:50 of the video, enemies get a bit close, camera gets bumped, desk gets kicked and monitor has a bit of a wobble Sums up this game well.
    Thanks everyone. Good pickup Kane. The control behaviour in this game makes it very difficult to play well, so that push to the right for the subtle wobble was an expression of “make it happen”. Interesting game.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLI. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)
    Found this clown lurking in the Netherworld looking for bigredbird
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    690 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley View Post
    So, did you do what it says on the screen? - INSERT COIN
    My Twitch stream - twitch.tv/bigredbird1

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredbird View Post
    So, did you do what it says on the screen? - INSERT COIN
    Yes I did. Mr Do was one of the side comp games. Had a very ordinary 180K+ game that got beaten by a 191K. On my only other attempt I had to walk away on 177K with lives to spare and never got around to playing again. The game played very well though. Probably would've played it a bit more if Netherworld had been open again before I flew home

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley View Post
    This looks like the machine owned by John Glover. How come the machine is setup on it's side?

15557237838034362031030363855107.jpg

It even says Side Comp on the marquee!!!! No wonder it's so hard to get a decent high score ...

@John73 have you played this yet? I thought this would be at Pincadia and not Netherworld? Are you still gaming John, or is watching the AFL on telly too overwhelming?

@bigredbird I hope you can get up there to play one of your favorite machine some day, assuming it does not disappear sometime soon.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post

@John73 have you played this yet? I thought this would be at Pincadia and not Netherworld? Are you still gaming John, or is watching the AFL on telly too overwhelming?

@bigredbird I hope you can get up there to play one of your favorite machine some day, assuming it does not disappear sometime soon.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif
    It was at Pincadia, it got taken to Netherworld for the BOTA-USA competition - it could well return to Pincadia, but space is quickly running out for machines - New arrivals Rally X, 1942, Punch Out have taken up most of the room. 1942 is mine (well the PCB is, the cab will be when I can afford to pay John for it ) Star Trek pinball returned from repair today (thanks to John Glover) - think at last count it was 22 pinball machines, 24 odd arcade machines (with a good amount of those being original PCB's)

Will keep 1942 there until at least after teh Gala-Gala event, I believe Barra & Rob may want to have a shot a 1 CC'ing it. Also hoping to get my other lowboy in there, probably with Stern Turtles in it so current WR holder Dwayne Richard can have a go.

And yes, taking a keen interest in the AFL again - being across the road from the Gabba has renewed my interest in the AFL, and the Brisbane Lions are doing well so far this season.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    It was at Pincadia, it got taken to Netherworld for the BOTA-USA competition
    Netherworld finished a very distant last. Must have been fun somehow playing the trackball games Marble Madness and Crystal Castles. George Strain scored a fine 278K on Congo Bongo.

Johnny Bonde was the best in the NW team with 37th individual place. Then a certain Mr Broadfoot in 38th place. You took out 45th place. I guess that was all good as Martin Bedard was only slightly higher in 35th place. Did you all enjoy the tournament? Will you play again next year and what about Pincadia joining next season?

I thought Ken House and his team that have won every BOTA previously (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017) would play, but they did not show up. Ken only has a few machines anyway.

I wonder if @bigredbird would have high scored the Mr Do! game with Donald Hayes scoring 824K? The game is on average difficulty, so an earlier difficulty ramp up compared to easy setting.

(well the PCB is, the cab will be when I can afford to pay John for it )
    Yes I know what you mean.

And yes, taking a keen interest in the AFL again - being across the road from the Gabba has renewed my interest in the AFL, and the Brisbane Lions are doing well so far this season.
    The Lions have won 3 premierships, and amazingly they were 3 in a row from 2001 to 2003. Amazing a bit like Liverpool in the Champions League 2 days ago overcoming a 0-3 deficit against Barcelona to win 4-0 at home. Liverpool win the tie on aggregate 4 to 3 to go to the final. And then the next day Tottenham play a fantastic 2nd half as well to come from 0-3 down to fight for a 4-3 aggregate win against Ajax away at 90 minutes + 6 in stoppage time. Two English teams in the final, so an English team has to win right. Amazing games, amazing times.

Last edited by OOO; 10th May 2019 at 09:18 AM.

State
    New Wouth Wales
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Took nearly 5 months but I finally got a 1CC on Final Fight: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...90-Evan-Weston

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1071 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimmers View Post
    Took nearly 5 months but I finally got a 1CC on Final Fight: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...90-Evan-Weston
    Nice work! Not an easy game at all

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmers View Post
    YAY! After 5 months is an exceptional and very nice effort!

Well earned! Congratulations!

https://view.vzaar.com/20808161/player

Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197 LastLast

Thread Information