State
    Point Cook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Most popular console mods checklist

Hey guys,
    As Pelly suggested I thought I would put up a list of the most popular console mods that can be performed and as threads with howtos are created I can check them off from the list. I will also link to the guide threads from this thread to make it easier to find them.
    If you are going to create a guide please take heaps of pictures for the less experienced modders out there.

Neo Geo AES

Sega Master System
    • Composite AV out
    • S-video amp and output
    • Language Switch
    • Switchless 50/60Hz (little more advanced but will add it)

Sega Mega Drive
    • Composite AV out
    • S-video amp and output
    • 50/60hz Switch
    • Region Switch
    • Switchless 50/60Hz region mod (little more advanced but will add it)

Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Disable region lockout switch

Nintendo 64

Super Nintendo

Atari 2600

Atari 7800

Sega Game Gear
    • Replacement of Audio capacitors
    • Full Capacitor replacement

Colecovision

Intellivision

I will be doing the Sega AV and switchless mod guides in the next two weeks. Now that I have my PIC programmer I want to try and avoid doing switch mods. So anyone that attempts the switch mods for Sega MD or SMS please take pictures and create a guide!!

Go forth and butcher, I mean mod your consoles!!!
    Last edited by mamejay; 14th March 2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Neo Geo Unibios added

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    Need to update this a bit now, there are so many awesome mods out there to add!
    •Converting Game Gears and Atari LYNX with McWill screens and Gameboy Pocket with backlight and Bivert mods
    •Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and Mega CD region free BIOS install and power supply repairs, NEO•GEO UniBIOS install, 3DO RGB and 240p mods, DIY kits available for all.
    • CPS2 and NEO•GEO game repairs and conversions

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NEO-GEO Man View Post
    Need to update this a bit now, there are so many awesome mods out there to add!
    I agree I think RGB is a massive step up and most consoles out there these days have an RGB kit/ mod that can be done.

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shanehm2 View Post
    I agree I think RGB is a massive step up and most consoles out there these days have an RGB kit/ mod that can be done.
    For sure, you can get RGB out of almost anything now, and with the likes of Frank on this forum making the odd kit here and there, Tim Worthington making kits, and McWill having his various screen mods, these 3 alone make some awesome kits that are top notch in every way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shanehm2 View Post
    For sure, you can get RGB out of almost anything now, and with the likes of Frank on this forum making the odd kit here and there, Tim Worthington making kits, and McWill having his various screen mods, these 3 alone make some awesome kits that are top notch in every way.
    •Converting Game Gears and Atari LYNX with McWill screens and Gameboy Pocket with backlight and Bivert mods
    •Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and Mega CD region free BIOS install and power supply repairs, NEO•GEO UniBIOS install, 3DO RGB and 240p mods, DIY kits available for all.
    • CPS2 and NEO•GEO game repairs and conversions

Thread Information