Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Most popular console mods checklist

Hey guys,

As Pelly suggested I thought I would put up a list of the most popular console mods that can be performed and as threads with howtos are created I can check them off from the list. I will also link to the guide threads from this thread to make it easier to find them.

If you are going to create a guide please take heaps of pictures for the less experienced modders out there.

Neo Geo AES

Sega Master System

• Composite AV out
  • S-video amp and output
  • Language Switch
  • Switchless 50/60Hz (little more advanced but will add it)

Sega Mega Drive

• Composite AV out
  • S-video amp and output
  • 50/60hz Switch
  • Region Switch
  • Switchless 50/60Hz region mod (little more advanced but will add it)

Nintendo Entertainment System

• Disable region lockout switch

Nintendo 64

Super Nintendo

• 50/60Hz switch and Region lockout disable
  • Switchless 50/60Hz mod (little more advanced but will add it)

Atari 2600

Atari 7800

Sega Game Gear

• Replacement of Audio capacitors
  • Full Capacitor replacement

Colecovision

Composite AV mod

Intellivision

Composite AV mod

I will be doing the Sega AV and switchless mod guides in the next two weeks. Now that I have my PIC programmer I want to try and avoid doing switch mods. So anyone that attempts the switch mods for Sega MD or SMS please take pictures and create a guide!!

Go forth and butcher, I mean mod your consoles!!! ;)

Edited by mamejay
Neo Geo Unibios added

• 6 years later...
I agree I think RGB is a massive step up and most consoles out there these days have an RGB kit/ mod that can be done.

For sure, you can get RGB out of almost anything now, and with the likes of Frank on this forum making the odd kit here and there, Tim Worthington making kits, and McWill having his various screen mods, these 3 alone make some awesome kits that are top notch in every way.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree I think RGB is a massive step up and most consoles out there these days have an RGB kit/ mod that can be done.

For sure, you can get RGB out of almost anything now, and with the likes of Frank on this forum making the odd kit here and there, Tim Worthington making kits, and McWill having his various screen mods, these 3 alone make some awesome kits that are top notch in every way.