Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vector tubes: Interest thread (19"/20" and 25")

Hi People

I want to modify TV tubes so they work with old vector machines (Atari in particular) and sell them. They will work with Amplifone Chassis. ( i have successfully done this already and will continue to fine tune the process.

The chassis is not included in this deal. Possibly the setup will replace the WG6100 tube also, but with some curvature of the picture on the short ends of the tube maybe

Parts for the HV board have been reproduced, and I am working on the deflection board at the moment. Or you may just have a machine with a busted tube, and have the boards already.

So I am asking, who would want a CRT tube for their project?

They will be a standard resolution TV tube, rewound deflection yoke, all tested, and converged, and fully professionally shipped to you in Australia.

25", (Star wars cockpits etc) I am thinking around the $280.00 mark incl shipping. Poss $200 for local pickup

19" or 20", (Other atari games and ZVG Zektor Projects) I am thinking around the $260.00 mark incl shipping. Poss $190 for local pickup

I am talking to box makers right now, to see what the crate / box is worth

Final price is set by that (Cost of the box)

Please tell me if this is stupid, or viable by expressing your interest

Thank you

Hey dez i am keen as well,but would need to find a chassis first.I have been looking for a vector set-up for a few months now and was going to order a zector board as soon as i sourced the monitor/chassis.

Ok, we have the HV sorted as mentioned. If you have some soldering ability you can build them yourself with the parts reproduced and a parts list I issued

The deflection board: a few months from now I will have bare PCBs for that too, but you need the parts also. Compiling a little bit of the list each night, so please be patient if you want new / repro boards

Or if you want second hand, visit quarter arcade, they have a few right now, but may need rebuilding to get them going.

Ok, we have the HV sorted as mentioned. If you have some soldering ability you can build them yourself with the parts reproduced and a parts list I issued

The deflection board: a few months from now I will have bare PCBs for that too, but you need the parts also. Compiling a little bit of the list each night, so please be patient if you want new / repro boards

Or if you want second hand, visit quarter arcade, they have a few right now, but may need rebuilding to get them going.

Sounds kool dez,quite happy to have a go at the DIY when they are ready.

• 4 months later...