Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Cricket Thread

DKong

Oww good, with all the dead wood out of the team my mother can play, and do better.:lol

Maybe they should pick James Sutherland. He must be good at something, and it's sure as hell not cricket administration or crisis management.

If we had won the toss India would be in a similar posistion.

Couldn't agree more. If Paine had won the toss, India would still be well on their way to 2-1 up.

Maybe they should pick James Sutherland. He must be good at something, and it's sure as hell not cricket administration or crisis management.

Couldn't agree more. If Paine had won the toss, India would still be well on their way to 2-1 up.

Like Perth? We actually bat first

No, not like Perth. If there's one place in the world that India don't want to play, it's Perth. Australia's useless batsmen rely on unpredictable pitches to make things difficult for their opponents. On a flat pitch like Melbourne, world class batsmen can afford to wait for bad balls, which is exactly what Pujara did, and Australia's batsmen don't know how to do. Had Australia batted first, they would have been dismissed shortly after lunch on Boxing Day for 150 and India would currently be ~350 in front, four wickets down.

EDIT: Incidentally, the same thing happened almost 10 years ago against England. Australia got smashed in the first two tests (escaping with a draw in Brisbane), then went to Perth, where conditions favoured Johnson and Harris. Australia won that game, and suddenly everyone thought they could play. Back to reality in Melbourne, where Australia were bowled out for 98- batting first.

Day 3 pitch is not a day 1 pitch overcast today also, It was not overcast on day 1 and day 2 conditions change in a 5 day test that is why winning the toss is so important. If Australia did bat first they would have bored us to death just like India at 2 an over. Exhaustion plays a big part in batting as fatigue sets in. Australia has actually batted longer than India in both Tests and this looks like they are spent from 2 days bowling.

- - - Updated - - -

let Lyon open lol

- - - Updated - - -

Winning the toss is huge and this is not even batting first either i think.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;template=results;toss=1;type=team

• 2 weeks later...

I blame Australia for once again trying to show the world how holier than thou we are and crippling ourselves of two of the best batsman in the world. We showed them didn't we. You take out two of the best players in the world ATM from a team and complain we don't win against allegedly the best team playing and even then it isn't a flogging. Makes me thinks with those two players back we would have easierly won.

$5000 fine I seem to think is the world standard fine for ball tampering isn't it or is that just every team except Australia.

$5000 fine I seem to think is the world standard fine for ball tampering isn't it or is that just every team except Australia.

$5000 fine is the standard for boards who want their players to keep doing it, which is why it keeps happening. This is a rare example of Cricket Australia actually getting something right, although they did have to completely cock up the announcement and neglect to explain what Smith and Warner actually did to warrant their punishments.

• 4 weeks later...
Pucovski now on his way home after more psychological problems. What the hell were the selectors thinking bringing him into the squad in the first place? I think Pucovski could be a great player for Australia, but picking someone with his recent history is not just bad selection policy, it's straight out negligence, with no consideration of the player's welfare. There was no possible way that this selection could have ended well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Yet again Kawaja proves he can't go the next level. Dump Warner, Bnacroft and Paine too

Brad

Well yes but please not the Marsh brothers in as replacements again. :realmad: Grrrrrr.......I swear there mother and father must be selectors.:blink:

• Administrators
Well yes but please not the Marsh brothers in as replacements again. :realmad: Grrrrrr.......I swear there mother and father must be selectors.:blink:

The term I used was Marshes must be giving someone blowjobs....