Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Cricket Thread

DKong

Hi Aussies,

I don't normally post outside the MGL thread, but I love cricket and would like to join in this conversation if you don't mind (I'm Welsh, so we don't have many test cricketers).

My thought are that the two Glamorgan boys (my County) have been so different - Khawaja was rubbish for us, Labuschagne has been brilliant. I'd definitely play the latter. Stoke's innings was a once in a generation thing (and I watched Botham in '81 with my father) - he won't do it again (much as I would love him to).

I can't see England getting Smith out, even with Archer in the side, and I don't know what us Pommies do about Roy and Buttler. Do we drop Woakes when Anderton is fit? Difficult decision.

Bring on the next test...

RichyS

I can't see England getting Smith out, even with Archer in the side, and I don't know what us Pommies do about Roy and Buttler. Do we drop Woakes when Anderton is fit? Difficult decision.

Bring on the next test...

RichyS

Doesn't matter what England do, Australia will find a way to lose. Ten days of rain is the only thing that can stop England winning the series now.

The LBW decision would have made no difference to the outcome of the match if England were chasing 500 like they should have been. Australia played well for an hour on day one (Warner/Labuschagne partnership) and two hours on day two (England's first innings). For the rest of the game they were atrocious. Failed to reach 250 in either innings. Placed no value on their wickets. Treated the second new ball like a magical artefact that would win them the game without them having to do anything. Fielded complacently before veering straight into headless chook mode once they realised England were a chance. Several bizarre bowling changes by Paine. This isn't new. This is what they've done in every series in England since 2001 and they clearly haven't learned a thing from their previous abject failures.

Australia’s batting is atrocious. That for me is the key thing that will lose the series for us.

Only in it because the English batting has also been woeful.

If Lyon can find form again maybe we can scrape through and win.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

My Aussie line up.

Khawaja

Harris

labaschagne

Smith

Warner

Head

Carey

Cummings

Starc

Lyon

Hazelwood

I would try warner down the order as Broad is killing him with the new ball the one that comes into him, and if he fails in the lower order time to move on. Paine is a shit captain i would have Head as captain he is captain of South Australia, and i think Smith will be captain when his ban is over only because there is nobody else. Who knows though give Head a chance and he may shine.

I would have Carey as keeper he is a far better batter than Wade and Paine, and the keeping isn't miles apart and he is young and the future. If you have seen Carey bat in the World cup he has all the shots and timing. Starc i would bring back in as he bowls 150kmh and can bounce batsman as we will seriously need to do this as England have worked out like Bradman you have to bounce out the best in the world. I would target Archer with Cummings and Starc.

Anyway i just hope the umpires have a better test this time as its ruining it.

Also worst English team i have seen. The batting is so bad. Only world class players are Root, Stokes, Broad and Archer.

I know right. Its not as if England have smashed us or anything they won by a single wicket and had some help. Australia look stronger with Starc and Smith back in. England's batting is a worry, any side that gets bowled out for 67 is very suspect and Wales bowled them out very cheap as well.

So they are not a chance of winning the series? Hmm

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

They lost a game they had no business losing. That is far more devastating for team morale than getting smashed by an innings. They had their chance, they screwed it up and they know it. Not only that, but they've allowed England's middle order to bat themselves back into form. This series is following the same pattern as the last four in England: Australia start well, then miss opportunities, then implode.

It'd be nice if I'm wrong, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Australia have learned from their previous failed campaigns.