Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Cricket Thread

DKong

Smith is still serving a suspension from leadership positions, and has lost the authority to captain the team anyway. Wade is the best option for the middle order with no stand out candidate to replace him. Bancroft seems like a complete tool with a terrible attitude and should be dumped for Burns. Khawaja is the new Watson and will never be dumped.

He is in 1st slip right now telling Paine what to do lol.Aussie Arcade mobile app

Of course he is. That's what senior players are supposed to do: use their experience to advise the captain.

Smith is still serving a suspension from leadership positions, and has lost the authority to captain the team anyway. Wade is the best option for the middle order with no stand out candidate to replace him. Bancroft seems like a complete tool with a terrible attitude and should be dumped for Burns. Khawaja is the new Watson and will never be dumped.

Of course he is. That's what senior players are supposed to do: use their experience to advise the captain.

Good point. Is it another year before the leadership ban is up? Should be march next year? The embarrassing thing is that when Smith was banned Paine wasnt even in the team and was named captain.

The captain should be someone who is always in the team. With all the talent aus has to offer its hard to pick a team of 11. Out of all the Aussies the only person that is always selected is Smith. He is consistent enough that he wont be dropped by the selectors. I cant see anyone else that has that same kind of safe position.

R Joe Burns is doing great for the poms. It would be tough facing Lyon and Siddle

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Good points boys. I actually don't know exactly how much Smith did know about the sand paper. I suspect he may have fallen on his sword because he was the captain more than actually being a party to it. Either way, I know he is the one player and maybe a couple of our bowlers that the opposition actually fear. Problem is bowlers are to hot and cold but a batsman can be consistent especially from the number 3 or 4 in the batting order unlike the opening and 2nd which is always going to go against Warner and now Khawaja. The opening batsman are always boom or bust.

when Smith was banned Paine wasnt even in the team

Paine's been in the team since the 2017 Ashes series and actually took over as captain in the middle of the Cape Town test.

Good points boys. I actually don't know exactly how much Smith did know about the sand paper. I suspect he may have fallen on his sword because he was the captain more than actually being a party to it.

No one knows how much Smith knew about the sandpaper because Cricket Australia have conspicuously avoided giving an actual explanation of what he and Warner were suspended for, preferring to have a whole heap of unsubstantiated speculation published instead. Something is still being covered up and as usual, CA are totally unaccountable.

Who the hell decided it was a good idea to use green bails??? You can't see them on TV, and I bet people at the ground- including the outfielders- can't see them either. They should make them the same colour as Bancroft's sandpaper so you couldn't miss them.

• Administrators

Yes, very surprising to me. Smith and Wade for batting and then Cummins and Lyon for bowling. Big turn around for Australia. Now if only the rest of the batters could fire.

brad

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to be at Lords on Saturday and witnessed first hand the Archer spell and the "Smith Incident". Truly a memorable day of test cricket.

Good signs from Marnus for on Sunday for the third test. A chance for him to secure a spot for a long time if he can perform well.

More likely the selectors will dump Labuschagne just so they can keep useless Khawaja. Anyway, maybe it's not Smith or Labuschagne responsible for all the runs but the number 4 spot itself. The top score in every Australian innings so far has been made at number 4, so whoever bats there will get runs, the other will fail like everyone else.

More likely the selectors will dump Labuschagne just so they can keep useless Khawaja. Anyway, maybe it's not Smith or Labuschagne responsible for all the runs but the number 4 spot itself. The top score in every Australian innings so far has been made at number 4, so whoever bats there will get runs, the other will fail like everyone else.
If the openers go for ducks then number 4 is a number 2. If the openers stay in and take on the new ball then your right it's a great position to be in at. Khawaja has his ups and downs but he doesn't seem to be doing well and in the nets isn't social and not one of the boys eg no alcohol and not very social outside of games from what I've seen \ read. How many bad scores before he goes?

My team is Harris Warner Labuschagne Smith head Wade Carey Cummins Siddle Hazelwood lyon. Hard to pick a tem though.

Smith head and Labuschagne all are spin options too. Good to see the younger players getting a shot as well.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Can't help but think while Stokes was awesome we lost this

bad review that was clearly pitching outside leg going down leg

and then the missed run out opportunity

plus the god awful decision not give Stokes out when clearly he was plum

what in hell was Lyon thinking

it shouldn't bother me in the real world but I was so pissed off

then amazed

then angry

then tired and went to bed

haha

both teams seem to not know how to win at the moment