Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New console modding guide section.

State
    Point Cook
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MangledLeg View Post
    Erm, the NES mod is probably the simplest mods to knock out region protection - snip a chunky leg on the security IC, bend the leg portion still attached to the IC away from the left-over stuck in the PCB, and you're done. Would take... 5 mins at the most, and that includes disassembly

Best practice would be to remove the solder from the PCB, bend the leg and wire it to a GND point.

Good section BTW, will get off my arse and document some stuff, post it on my blog and mirror it here. I have a stack of photos from various mod jobs, just need to write up the tutes to suit. Repaired a Saturn light gun he other week actually - the trigger wasn't registering everytime despite making a clicking noise. Simply had to replace the existing micro switch with a newbie. Works a treat now
    Cool stuff ML. Now start a new thread with your Saturn Light gun repair log!!

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1935 Post(s)

Just remember guys I'd like to see threads made for each system not just one big thread where posts will get lost.

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Yup, that's what I figured. Sorry if I sidetracked discussion there
    Retro Otaku - my nerdy gaming blog...

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1935 Post(s)

I didn't even notice.

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I'll document my snes cartridge widening and 50/60hz mod.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

When I get around to it looks simple so will be a good intro for beginners.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    I was thinking today that it would be cool to see a list of the most popular mods (maybe 2 or 3 for each console?) for all of the popular consoles. That way we can tick them off as the guides are posted for them and for someone like me who is new to the console modding scene, we can get an idea of what is out there straight up? Anyone keen to volunteer?

State
    Point Cook
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelly View Post
    I was thinking today that it would be cool to see a list of the most popular mods (maybe 2 or 3 for each console?) for all of the popular consoles. That way we can tick them off as the guides are posted for them and for someone like me who is new to the console modding scene, we can get an idea of what is out there straight up? Anyone keen to volunteer?
    Good suggestion Pelly. I have created a sticky now for this with a list of the less complex mods for most popular consoles.
    Thanks for the idea mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information