Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The state of play in Melbourne

I know the old saying that all of the retail pinball guys have high prices for a reason, and i'm not here to argue that. What i will argue is to command those high prices get your sh!t together. One had no machines available to play because they were all broken on the floor. Not only that but take a look at the AFM he had. Asking price was $10K :o

The other i went to had a game that when i tried to play the flippers wouldn't even work. i mean nothing and on another one flipper was intermittant :o These were both $5K+ machines

Pick your act up guys.

:rant:

IMG_1999.thumb.jpg.b78bd415226595e1d72b125131aa6801.jpg

IMG_1998.thumb.jpg.3be3ca95a333137f397f634e370e5fa0.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol who was it??

eh, not sure I should say....none the less when asked if the playfield would be repaired for the money he couldn't tell me. Would have to check with the boss :o donkey.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

hard to tell as most of the melb dealers want top dollar for crap. I saw a TZ with a lumpy playfield layover for 8k a while ago, a bit of a joke

I recon some of these "backyarders" have better quality than these guys. Judgeboz, Bretty (by the looks of it), put them to shame.

Not defending them, well in a way maybe I am, as there is allways another way of looking at it. If people are willing to pay what we consider way over the odds, well why should we complain? I dunno how some dealers get the money. But if they do, well no skin off my nose as I wont pay good money for shit :)

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

That's crap for the money you must name the dealer lol

Peter

we know who they are, bad news travels fast ;)

There's only 4 dealers in Melbourne from my understanding - Bumper, TPF, PSP & BCW.

Eenie, menie, minie, mo....won't hurt to reveal as the thread will be closed shortly afterwards.

but which ones have donkeys? you forgot some ZA, CA and 24*DB

Lol, you guys are funny. Hence why I didn't want to name and shame as it's not about that. Greg has already stated that we all know they charge to much and therefore rearly get our business.

And it's not any of the backyard container guys btw Greg :cool:

And the purpose of this thread is what exactly..?

It was just me having a gripe about the dollars that the dealers are asking for and the quality they put them on the showroom floor Dylan. I just couldn't believe that you would bother to put a machine that was mid to high end with either massive playfield wear or the flippers not working? Close it, i don't care, had my say.

May be in my own twisted way it was a way to promote AA and the sellers that are on here. Buy from here and support the guys that are working their asses off to support each other and actually selling QUALITY pins. Everyone seems to be honest upfront guys with amazing knowledge. :cool:

Edited by spaceballs

It was just me having a gripe about the dollars that the dealers are asking for and the quality they put them on the showroom floor Dylan. I just couldn't believe that you would bother to put a machine that was mid to high end with either massive playfield wear or the flippers not working? Close it, i don't care, had my say.

its good that you posted this especially the pics, its makes the honest guys look good. at least you say what the others want to say. we should have a greed poll eg "whos the greediest MF you have met in this hobby" LOL

I went to look at a shadow at Mark Cs , i got there and it happened to have heavy playfield wear from flipper drag > $2333 . i asked what the best price he would go below the sticker price but he would nt budge on price .

A while after i found this great site and Tony from Pinball shed sold me a shadow with zero wear for $2000 . Tony was fantastic to deal with and i will purchase from him again .

Its quite sad that the melbourne dealers have isolated many of the enthusiasts . But i guess there doing quite well selling at there inflated prices .

Really nice.

Dont mention that most of the pins on the floor are in excellent condition, just pick out two that may have gone down. We have functions here regularly at night and the next day quite often there will be an issue or two. last I looked both those machines were working perfectly and this is the first I've heard of this.

We support aussie arcaders in any way we can, have regularly donated parts to 'meets" and just about everone will say what a fantastic showroom we have, nice freindly people to chat pinball with and we really do put a hell of a lot of effort into our pins. You will not see a bad cabinet in the place with nearly all our pins having our artist doing them up completely and clear coating them. If it gives you pleasure to bag dealers publically then that is your choice. A simple email to me about a pin going down would have been welcomed and I would have checked and corrected the pin immediately.

It is comments like this that stops many of us in the industry posting and sharing our info more often. I'm a serious pin head myself and get really dissapointed with these posts. Most who come into the showroom know this is not an example of the pins here. As for the inflated prices, we do not have the luxury of working out of home with very little overheads. With a staff of 11 and all the bills that come with running this business, we often have just enough to pay the wages, but thats fine. Its kept everyone in employ here for many years and given us a lot of pleasure talking pin and selling them. We have never forced anyone to buy a pin from us if they feel we are too expensive, but we do offer a nice service for those who do want full support and backup and nicely detailed pinball machines.

Edited by Bumper
typo