Thread: New to Jukebox restoration

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking New to Jukebox restoration

Hi, I am very new at all this. I have always wanted a jukebox, unfortunately havent been able to afford a beautiful vintage, however, I have started with an 1983 model. Not sure if it would be classed as a Jukebox, its called "Molly's Video Box" (Molly Meldrum). Because its my first, I am excited and want to get it up and running. All power appears to work, Lights, tv, speakers (when hooked directly to mini cd player). However the main system (video I am guessing) didnt come with it. I have searched the internet high and low to find out ANYTHING about my machine, but have come up with nothing. If anyone has any information or ideas in regards to it, it would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!!!
    Looking forward to becoming part of the community!!
    Cheers, Jo

State
    Harmony
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)
    Hey mate, welcome and good luck in your search. Was that the juke off of ebay....? hope you didn't pay to much for it

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It sure was the one off Ebay! Have I bought a dud? I was actually thinking of changing it around to be more my style. Just wanted something fun to play with and work on first!!! Nope, didnt pay much for it!!! Thanks for the reply

State
    Harmony
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)
    I just remember a thread on it here that the owner started, didn't get rave reviews for style. He was asking a fortune from memory. If your happy that's all that matters in the end. It gets you back into the hobby and thats a good thing

Welcome by the way.

EDIT: found thread - http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...=molly+meldrum

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for that!!!! I dont feel bad about COMPLETELY revamping the look of it now!!!! Dont think Im going to upset anyone here by changing it!!!!
    Cheers

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo H View Post
    It sure was the one off Ebay! Have I bought a dud? I was actually thinking of changing it around to be more my style. Just wanted something fun to play with and work on first!!! Nope, didnt pay much for it!!! Thanks for the reply

Is it a VHS jukebox ? Looks like it is, anyway if It is . Put it back on eBay and look for something Better , there a dinosaur and not worth spending your money on

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1983 Post(s)
    but as a shell, surely it has some retro value and uniqueness.. Add a PC / an LCD and SK Jukebox or similiar..?

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am guessing it would be VHS. I was actually hoping to install a PC, screen up top and touchscreen where the selection list was. and of course remove mollys head!!! I did get the box VERY cheap, do you think it would still be worth playing with???? And do you know anyone that would be a great source of information to help me??
    Cheers Jo

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Sorry to sound COMPLETELY novice What does SK Jukebox mean???

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1983 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo H View Post
    I am guessing it would be VHS. I was actually hoping to install a PC, screen up top and touchscreen where the selection list was. and of course remove mollys head!!! I did get the box VERY cheap, do you think it would still be worth playing with???? And do you know anyone that would be a great source of information to help me??
    Cheers Jo

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Sorry to sound COMPLETELY novice What does SK Jukebox mean???

Nothing novice about it. If your looking at installing a PC and a Touch Screen, then SKJukebox or similiar is the next logical step.

SKJukebox is good, free jukebox software. Google it

I've since moved on from SK, but I can't remember what software I using right now, else I would have mentioned it too..

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much!!! I have had the machine now for 2 weeks and have found out more in the last hour from you guys!!!!
    Love this forum!!
    If anyone else has some info or ideas or questions, please keep talking, Im loving it!!
    Will keep you all informed of progress!!!
    Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information