Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New to Jukebox restoration

Hi, I am very new at all this. I have always wanted a jukebox, unfortunately havent been able to afford a beautiful vintage, however, I have started with an 1983 model. Not sure if it would be classed as a Jukebox, its called "Molly's Video Box" (Molly Meldrum). Because its my first, I am excited and want to get it up and running. All power appears to work, Lights, tv, speakers (when hooked directly to mini cd player). However the main system (video I am guessing) didnt come with it. I have searched the internet high and low to find out ANYTHING about my machine, but have come up with nothing. If anyone has any information or ideas in regards to it, it would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!!!

Looking forward to becoming part of the community!!

Cheers, Jo

It sure was the one off Ebay! Have I bought a dud? I was actually thinking of changing it around to be more my style. Just wanted something fun to play with and work on first!!! Nope, didnt pay much for it!!! Thanks for the reply:redface

I just remember a thread on it here that the owner started, didn't get rave reviews for style. He was asking a fortune from memory. If your happy that's all that matters in the end. It gets you back into the hobby and thats a good thing :023:

Welcome by the way.

EDIT: found thread - http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/43650-Does-anyone-have-any-info-on-my-old-music-video-machine?highlight=molly+meldrum

It sure was the one off Ebay! Have I bought a dud? I was actually thinking of changing it around to be more my style. Just wanted something fun to play with and work on first!!! Nope, didnt pay much for it!!! Thanks for the reply:redface

Is it a VHS jukebox ? Looks like it is, anyway if It is . Put it back on eBay and look for something Better , there a dinosaur and not worth spending your money on

I am guessing it would be VHS. I was actually hoping to install a PC, screen up top and touchscreen where the selection list was. and of course remove mollys head!!! I did get the box VERY cheap, do you think it would still be worth playing with???? And do you know anyone that would be a great source of information to help me??

Cheers Jo:unsure

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Sorry to sound COMPLETELY novice :redface What does SK Jukebox mean???:unsure

• Super Moderator
I am guessing it would be VHS. I was actually hoping to install a PC, screen up top and touchscreen where the selection list was. and of course remove mollys head!!! I did get the box VERY cheap, do you think it would still be worth playing with???? And do you know anyone that would be a great source of information to help me??

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Sorry to sound COMPLETELY novice :redface What does SK Jukebox mean???:unsure

Nothing novice about it. If your looking at installing a PC and a Touch Screen, then SKJukebox or similiar is the next logical step.

SKJukebox is good, free jukebox software. Google it :)

I've since moved on from SK, but I can't remember what software I using right now, else I would have mentioned it too..

Thank you so much!!!:D I have had the machine now for 2 weeks and have found out more in the last hour from you guys!!!!

Love this forum!!

If anyone else has some info or ideas or questions, please keep talking, Im loving it!!

Will keep you all informed of progress!!!

Jo:054:

you would need

touchscreen with monitor $200-300 depends on 17" or 19"

pc with software depends who you buy it of $500-1000

powered speakers or amp plus speakers , cost ? depends how you like it to sound

2nd LCD monitor to replace the top CRT $ 250 for a 22"

there is plenty of jukebox software you can download (99% shit) the good software you will be paying

in short ,, put 2k aside and start. there is no real cheap way of going it

• Super Moderator

^^ Disagree..

15" Touch screen - often given away here on AA :cool:

PC - Any old PC will work, grab your self a P4 2.8Ghz - dime a dozen. Just invest in a 500Gb + Hdd

Good Logitech PC 2:1 speakers will suffice for any games room environment

2nd LCD - 21.5" Acer can be had for < $150.00

Software - SKJukebox will suffice and its free..!

It dosen't have to be new, top of the range equipment with Pro Audio output, it just needs to be run of the mill working components with good enough output to genate back ground music when playing your pins and vids..

Remember those centrelink kiosks we all swooped on for $250 a piece..? Here's AdamC's unit.. Nothing too expensive or difficult about it really..

Thanks for the info guys!!!

It is actually a 15" touch screen that I need to fit snugly in the spot for it and I already have an LCD monitor. We have some great sounding speakers with amp that will fit in the bottom of the juke, its just getting the right size pc to fit inside without too much altering and hoping that my computer skills are good enough to put it all together!!!

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi

hoping that you are still able to see this thread. Still looking for info about this Videobox!!! 
I ended up doing the complete revamp with pc, touchscreen and a fantastic jukebox program and it has  been amazing for all these years !!! 
still dont know anything about the history of it, cannot find anything anywhere about it! Anyone with info would be appreciated! Its a 1983 Molly Meldrum Video Jukebox.  Leisure & Allied industries, sphere design

Thanks in advance for any info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...