Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hey there, i cant post in the for sale section

On the other side of the coin, someone might find a pin/console etc in their dads shed and come here to sell it not wanting or caring to be a part of the comminity.

I did the same thing a couple of years ago (on another forum for another hobby) asking the mods before I posted what the deal was and they all just ignored me. Maybe I had something really collectable that would have helped someone complete a set or something that someone really needed (like a good condition backglass) but because of that forums attitude the items in question went in to the bin.

Would you rather a pin/backglass/console go into the bin or have some new guy sell it?

Personally I dont give a toss if someone wants to offload something on here, but the mods/admin have made the rules but it doesnt mean that someone has to be treated like crap (not particularly by yourself but by anyone) with sarcastic commentary

Really?

Roffle :laugh:

The response reminded me of this :

http://i55.tinypic.com/2a7aq8l.jpg

I don't think anyone was being rude. There are rules and they contribute to what makes this place a good community. Also - you can't miss the line that states minimum requirements before posting... unless you're not interested.

Roffle :laugh:

The response reminded me of this :

http://i55.tinypic.com/2a7aq8l.jpg

I don't think anyone was being rude. There are rules and they contribute to what makes this place a good community. Also - you can't miss the line that states minimum requirements before posting... unless you're not interested.

Exactly! Hi five!

Been a long time member and thought that 'intro post' just blew :realmad:

Doubt we will see them again, they are here for the wrong reason if they are looking to sell straight away.

Good to see some educated responses some people just want to add fuel to fire which is a touchy subject, EB didn't help with his yeah I just Pm'ed him and bought an IJ for $1800,

Where does that leave you as a moderator if you insta ban because someone does not follow the rules you become the bad guy, most would read EB's post and say yeah what if it was a great bargain etc etc.

No offence to EB but when dealing with rules (rules are rules) thats why we have a stable community to some degree

As AK said it has been brought up plenty of times before and yes we get the reply to every thread jerk just to sell something and then disappears.

The great thing about becoming part of the community is trust in the long run.

If X comes on here and sells something on post one and a newbee buys X's product and it doesn't turn up or not as described

who looks bad in this equation...AA

So to protect our integrity as a public forum measures have to be made.

:rant:

Ben, I was having a little stir :), because lots of stuff has been sold by noobs, members just PM them, and most people are unaware that a sale took place. Block noobs from access to the message system? Anyway, as Trav said this issue has been done to death, and if people cant be bothered to read the rules, well they have no one else to blame for the response, but their own lazy arses.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

If X comes on here and sells something on post one and a newbee buys X's product and it doesn't turn up or not as described

who looks bad in this equation...AA

So to protect our integrity as a public forum measures have to be made.

Gotta disagree, all trading is done at buyers own peril on AA. The site owners, admins, mods etc can not be held responsible for it. That is also an easily understood rule, it by no means should reflect on AA.

all trading is done at buyers own peril on AA. The site owners, admins, mods etc can not be held responsible for it. That is also an easily understood rule, it by no means should reflect on AA.

I agree Greg, in a perfect world. But unfortunately it does reflect on AA, its human nature to remember the bad in things.

Different scenario, but when i dj at a party, i can assure you most people will remember the one song they didn't like, as opposed to the 200 they did like. This is a proven theory.

I agree Greg, in a perfect world. But unfortunately it does reflect on AA, its human nature to remember the bad in things.

Different scenario, but when i dj at a party, i can assure you most people will remember the one song they didn't like, as opposed to the 200 they did like. This is a proven theory.

Exactly it takes one bad apple to upset the cart, 5 years ago there was not a community like this in Australia and if we were laxed in our ways and let everything go gung ho it would be back to square one.

not this again, i thought this issue was deader then my grandmother. pinny parlour best poster behind the bulldog on aa atm.

Mate if you want to have a crack have some tac, looks like you just came back to stir up shit, we can all post images and funny pictures to every post, 2 days in and already your mouthing off,

Ian does it with tac you abuse the site like it your GOD given right:rolleyes