Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Hi Guys,

I did not know about this Forum until recently.

Anyway if you didn't know I am a regular poster in the software section at BYOAC

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

anyway......

They recently did a poll on popular FE's for Cabs and MaLa was easily in the top 4

and it deserves to be..

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=58586.0

Try it discover why

http://mala.arcadezentrum.com/layouts.html

As a fellow Auzzie it would be shameful not to encourage you to have a look at MaLa FE as there appears to be no mention of it in this forum

Even if you are happy with the FE you are currently using on your cab... try it. It only takes a couple of minutes to set-up.

Have Fun :)

Features includes

• Rotatable in any direction (0, 90, 180, 270) on the fly for horizontal and vertical screens

• Controllable by arcade controllers with configurable controller settings for all front end functions

• Controller detection: rotate and load gamelist depending on the controls that were touched (cocktail tables)

• On the fly keyboard encoder programming

• Mouse support for trackballs, spinner and dials

• Virtual shift key, full control with less controls

• Keyboard hook and hotkeys (no need for wrappers or specialized emulator versions)

• LCD Support: Displays various information (games, gamelists, mp3) on LC Displays up to 4x40 characters

• LED Support: Lights up buttons with up to 64 leds controlled by game information

• LED Attract mode

• Comprehensive game list filter options and memorized filter sets

• Start game on mala start (selected, random or last played game)

• Edit game names in gamelists

• Plugin support

• No ini file editing

Hi Loadman,

I have been watching the BYOAC for a while now and have had a play with MALA as well. I thinks its great and its what I will be using. You really know your stuff when it comes to this great FE. Do you have the link handy for UNCLET's setup giude, I found it really handy.

Keep up the good work!

Simon.

Great guide, this will be the frontend that i end up using for my cabinet!! Just wondering if you can help on this one. Is it possible to set multiple buttons to a function. Like for exiting the game, i dont have a spare button on my arcade cab to map to ESC so i wanted to set it to hold 1+2 start for a few seconds or something like that??

I tried to play around with it but couldnt find info on this.

Cheers

Great guide, this will be the frontend that i end up using for my cabinet!! Just wondering if you can help on this one. Is it possible to set multiple buttons to a function. Like for exiting the game, i dont have a spare button on my arcade cab to map to ESC so i wanted to set it to hold 1+2 start for a few seconds or something like that??

Cheers

That is a Mame question rather than a FE.

You can set mame to exit with any key you like.

If you have an encoder (I-pac, key-wiz) you can allocate a 'shift' key so that if you hold that down then another it will act as another key (such as ESC)

IPAC site quote:

Shift functions. Holding "Start1" and pressing other buttons sends a range of codes for MAME functions such as "escape", "Coin 1", "tab", "enter". This means no extra buttons are needed on the cabinet. In programmable mode any input can be the shift key and all keys can be programmed with a shifted code.

Key-Wiz site quote:

The Shazaaam! Key. Like the shift key on a keyboard, the Shazaaam! Key lets 24 of your buttons have an alternate key assignment. The Shazaaam! Key does not take away an input, so all 32 inputs are always available for use. Another unique Shazaaam! feature is that, with an additional low-cost adapter, any switch can be modified to send a code from the alternate set with a single button press! This means you can have up to 24 additional switches for secondary functions, and still have all 32 inputs available for primary controls.

FYI

In MaLa you can also allocate shift key for navaging around the FE

i dont have a spare button on my arcade cab to map to ESC so i wanted to set it to hold 1+2 start for a few seconds or something like that??

Cheers

I thought about this too... since pressing one of these buttons is simply closing a circuit between the positive lead and the ground... and pressing P1&P2 at the same time (with an IPAC) is equal to the escape key, theoretically if you wired an button to both the P1 and P2 inputs, pressing it would close both circuits, which would be the same as pressing them both... thus creating an 'esc' keypress.

I did read something about the 'ground' for the P1 side and P2 sides being different on the ipac... so again this is just theory.

However I will be sharing a few buttons on my ipac such as the player1,button1 (mapped to left shift) will also be used by a button on the left side of the control panel for left-flipper in pinball.