Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Guns n Roses magnet / flipper issue

MrMaloo

Question

Hi guys .

Got a bit of a problem with my Data east Guns n Roses .

While playing it recently it lost power to the flippers .... checked and replaced blown 5A SB fuse at F5 on the PPB board .

After putting in a new fuse it now has a problem with what I think are 2 of the 3 magnets "locked on" . It could have been doing this just prior to blowing the F5 PPB fuse . Now it is blowing 2 of the 2.5A SB fuses located near the magnets .

My limited knowledge guess would be a blown transistor ??? somewhere but after looking through the schematics I'm struggling to see where the magnet board gets it's power and where the problem could be .

Anybody had any experience with this problem and can tell me what to check for (and how possibly :redface ) . Would like to at least try and diagnose where the problem is before I trouble Ken again .

Cheers in advance,

Scott.

2 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
Any one got a magnet board they can loan you to trouble shoot the issue..? Magnet boards are easy to swap out as a process of elimination before you question the driver board.

The little magnet driver board that is located under the playfield with 3 transistors with heat sinks attached to them. Replace the transistors with IRL540 and add a little heat sink paste on the metal tab of the transistors before attaching the heat sinks. Also look out for cracked solder joints on the board. Whilst doing it, also check the IC.