Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dedpin : 46" 46" 2 screen pincab build : an ongoing saga

Another thing.

How easy is it to just swap to the 780gtx and what drivers are people using.

The 2x 250gts run nice with everything bar vpx.

Or do I just build a System that's for vpx using the 780. as I do like my desktop games too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, just use the 780gtx for vpx, it will eat it up. it's a great card for regular pc gaming too. i have a 970gtx and the 780gtx benchmarks are in the same ballpark. the 780 was the best card for ages you could get. you should be able to run everything pretty flawlessly, even the most demanding stuff like demolition man on vpx.

if you just go to nvidia site and select drivers for 7 series, it's an all-in-one driver, can't go wrong.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking an image of your hard drive before doing anything is what should be suggested first (as it is the right thing to do even though I usually take the risk myself).

This is the best advise I can ever give anyone. Always do a backup image before changing anything! I work in IT and you'd be amazed at how many people never back up and then their HDD dies or they install some weird software that kills windows boot etc..

As far as upgrading your card, I did mine the other year and was scared it would screw up my whole system. I used to use a single card for 2 screens and run the third off of the onboard. I then changed to a single GTX 750 to run all 3. Upgrade wasn't as bad as I thought. I think once you've setup VP and configured it once you get a good idea of how it all works - even thought it could be simpler!

Just got thru reading the PMD thread.

Nice and simple so that should be easy to do.

Gonna get right on it.

Something I noticed is now that I have the Sam tables running, my other Stern tables have near to no volume. I also had to turn up the Sam toms to 55 volume.

Any ideas

I have the same prob with some of the tables as well, having to adjust the sound levels to even hear the table. any advice on a fix?

I have the same prob with some of the tables as well, having to adjust the sound levels to even hear the table. any advice on a fix?

This area in VP seems to have been all over the place lately and depending on what version you get, other things have been breaking.

for you and @Dedrok. what version of the pinmame.dll are you running ? I think 2.8 SAM is the latest ? Could be wrong though.

there's also different modded versions on top of that if you are running a pin2dmd, then that depends on your P2DMD firmware. Then update that and colourised roms break.

Chase tail, rinse, repeat

@Jed

I'm running Sam 2.8, maybe 2.7, but yeah the update changed old Stern. Can barely hear them.

Looking at doing colour, so it works for 2screen yeah?

I have backups, not image of hdd, but how would I go about it.

Also, running xp, not sure I'd get as much out of the 780 as if I did a new system on W7.

Still having some script issues, so need to do a clean out and make sure I have all the latest.

@Jed

I'm running Sam 2.8, maybe 2.7, but yeah the update changed old Stern. Can barely hear them.

Looking at doing colour, so it works for 2screen yeah?

I have backups, not image of hdd, but how would I go about it.

Also, running xp, not sure I'd get as much out of the 780 as if I did a new system on W7.

Still having some script issues, so need to do a clean out and make sure I have all the latest.

Yeah, definitely a clean install of win7 with the 780gtx would be the way to go.

Not much point imaging your HDD until you do a new W7 build as a baseline to go from, when you are ready to image there are many programs, i've only used 1 in the last 10 or so years cause it always seems to work perfectly, that's Acronis True Image. it's really fast too at making image files. I'll PM you

Also.

Just checked and I'm on Sam 2.7.

Was sure I updated but must have been to that.

Off to dl more.

I'll just get jar to give me all his colour roms.

For now

Vpx is latest

Scripts latest and cleaned up.

Tweaked the video settings to smooth out more, at full quality slider.

Db2s working and in both 9 and 10 folders.

Is gonna suck as all the b2s led scores for SS are stretched too big. Looks like will have to go through them all and reduce them to match.

Yay.

Also.

Is gonna suck as all the b2s led scores for SS are stretched too big. Looks like will have to go through them all and reduce them to match.

Yay.

how come they are stretched, have you changed your BG screen ?

Haven't changed it but don't forget I have mine set to 1080 x 1080 to be square.

Most b2s are a bit more squashed so mine stretches them too tall.

It's just a matter of opening them in the editor and changing the led % value to reduce the size.

Some just don't look right.

Some em score reels are ridiculously large.

I used to have to do it for uvp too , they are never all the same.

Steve o

The DMD windows are all good and I had them set correct from before. It's just the db2s files for em, SS games that have the window hidden.