Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

G'day all!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. My name is Grant and I hail from Mackay, Central QLD.

Id thought about building a MAME machine for awhile, reading every book, webpage, forum i could find.

I hadnt decided how i was going to go about it yet when i found an ad in my local trading magazine for a bloke selling some arcade machines. Got up to see him and found a few non working machines that I thought would have been great to convert to MAME. But than he showed me a working machine with some Double Dragon style fighting game so i snapped that up for the princly price of 50 dollars.

Got it home, realised I had no keys to open it and now the monitor doesnt want to fire up. So i will be reading through the forums to get some troubleshooting ideas and general advice.

Look forward to posting more and thanks in advance!

Grant.

Thanks for all ur welcomes! Regarding my machine, it worked after a couple of goes when i got home. Than a blank screen and no familiar sound of the monitor firing up. Is there a post on this site for a step by step guide to trouble shooting? I have checked all connections and they seem fine.

• 1 month later...

Just an update for those playing at home.

Sent my chassis over to Joey at Jomac after a few email exchanges and than a few days later he returned it. He got it working no worries but after my initial excitment of receiving it i found the screen to be all blue! After a few more emails to Joey (who replied in record time) i found that one of the pins on the neck had bent and not been inserted into the neck board properly. Than voila, its worked!

Joey was even understanding when work commitments prevented me from paying him quickly, so i guess im joining on the we love JOMAC wagon!

Top bloke, top service!

And yeah, now I want more cabs lol