Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star Wars concept game

All I can say is WOW .... where do I get one ... and are there walls in my house big enough for this :)

Forget everything you know about Star Wars games. The ones that used control pads, mice or keyboards. Because Fleet Commander, a student project, might just blow them all out the airlock.

It's been developed by Arthur Nishimoto, a student at the Electronic Visualization Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Initially designed in 2009 as a simple space strategy game, it soon evolved into a multiplayer project for the TacTile touch-screen display. Which, thanks to the fact it's not a commercial product, could use Star Wars ships and sound effects.

You can see a 2010 version of the game running

. While it looks good, it's the enormous version running in the video up top that will really get you excited, as it's like seeing a childhood dream of the perfect video game come to life.

The point here is supposed to be how a touch-screen input can be faster, more intuitive and more enjoyable than something as "abstract" as a mouse and/or keyboard. The point I'm getting is that stuff like this coming from students and fans makes Lucasarts look like a pack of schmucks for the way the license has been treated in recent years.

From Kotaku