Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

General Info, comments, ideas ?

Hey all,

This forum will be all about recording and keeping high scores for non-mame games. IE:

Atari 2600

Intellivision

Colecovision

Master system

Megadrive

Nes

Snes

Commodore 64

Nintendo 64

You can play and compete either by genuine hardware, or emulation.

If i've missed any popular format that anyone reckon would get some interest, let me know.

The format will be the same as the high scores for the MGL, ie post a screen shot with your score, so others can have a crack at it. There wont be any comp like the MGL, just a high scores forum, with a thread for each system for people to lodge their scores. I will maintain each thread of high scores, permanently recording the top 5 scorfes for each game.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, feel free to post in this thread. I'll continue setting up the individual Console/Computer threads if there's enough interest to warrant it.

Looking forward to some friendly rivalvry on retro consoles and computers :)

Cheers,

Chris

Cool idea:cool:Are you thinking a separate sub-section by console or game?Got a few of those listed, so will be keen to post up some scores, and get pummelled into oblivion:lol
I was thinking sub-sections per system. So you'd post your score in the relevant system thread. In the first post of each thread, i'd keep a list of games and the current high scores.I'm thinking of posting up a couple of c64 scores, had a killer run on super cycle the other day :) Anyway just a bit of fun, and get the non-mame systems involved in some high score action. Cause we all like high scores!

Are we staying retro or allowing current gem machines as well?

Hmmm good question, doesn't strictly have to be retro I guess, current gen systems that have score-based games could also be included, don't see why not. PS1/2/3, Xbox, X360, Wii. In fact yeah - some of the Wii Sports events lend themselves to high score comps pretty naturally. (could be a reason to actually turn the Wii on again... chase someone's best 10-Pin bowling effort :)

Look out Twin Galaxies, it's the Aussie Arcade assault on the high score ladders of the world :laugh:

Sounds good Jamma :) Lots of work to maintain this though :(

Can I suggest that games should be played using the "official" TG settings? Allows us to compare or even beat existing world records.

I'm going to keep this simpler than the rules of the MGL. Most console + computer games don't have things as complex as dip switch settings like Mame does, so post a score, if there's anything special about settings then state that.

I'll create a few sections later tonight and get the ball rolling with some scores :)

Instead of making a thread for each system, to guage interest (and the keep things simple) I reckon one thread for Retro Consoles scores, and one thread for current gen console scores. Will kick it off this evening :)