Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Atomik motorbikes

in my opinion chinese motorcycles should only be owned by people who can fix the bike themselves. they need constant maintenance and if you have to pay for it it will quickly become expensive. if you cant fix the bike japanese bikes would be my advice. outlay will be bigger but you will recoup it in the long run and have a reliable bike with a decent resale value. chinese bikes basically have no resale value. i cant comment on atomik directly but i lump all chinese bikes into the same category. the price of a yamaha pee wee 50 has come down in $$$ immensly in the last 10 years because of the chinese bikes. i think they are 1200-1400 now?? and a bike mechanics hourly rate $60-$100 per hour. good luck whatever you do

its a shame mike the parts build quality of chinese bikes is very good, (except poor castings some times) it all fails at assembly time they must pump them out so quick quality control is non existent. one tip with chinese bikes, change the oil before initial start up, they dont clean things enough and quite often you find machining waste , filings,dags of metal etc in a new engine. and change the oil after 10 minutes running again and then every 2 hours use for maybe 6 hours.then start with normal service intervals. and dont forget tighten every single bolt. they do not torque anything correctly in the factory, right down to the spokes in the wheels!!:cool:

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Brother has a 250 and 140 with np besides he accidently put a hole in the fuel tank with a screwdriver

narf you would struggle to punch a hole in a tank of a jap bike, even with a screwdriver and lots of force. imagine that tank rupturing between your legs after a crash with fuel spilling over a hot running engine?? not for me thanks, with mini bikes this is not really an issue but with big 250's that can do 100+ km/h, i beleive it would be. i havent seen it happen yet and nor do i want to.

Dont wast your time buying the cheap crap as you spend more time fixing,repairing and looking for parts for it.If you do get one, try and get two for the same price as you end up needing one for parts.:)(not sure on that brand but in my option their all the same crap)

Pay the extra,get a name brand and you and your kid will have hassel fee bike riding for a long time and both of you will enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI all aftermarket parts for peewee 50 copies fit yamaha bikes. i put a piston ,rings and new barrell on a friends for $99.00. yamaha parts would have been $400+.

Thanks for the tip

Well done,your young bloke will love it.Their a screw on the throttle control that you can use as a governor for the speed, or if he a mad rider, you can take it out

Not wrong about loving the bike, he had his first ride on it yesterday & couldn't get him off it. I had screw done all the way up for minimum speed since he's only a beginner and hasn't ridden much before, but the cheeky bugger worked out if you leave the choke on, the bike will go a little bit quicker.

nothing wrong with chinese dirt bikes I own Dandy dirtbikes in melbourne we specialize in chinese bikes for the past 12 years when they first came out there were quality issues, these have been resolved over the years, different factorys in china produce different quality , like the old saying goes ''u get what u pay for'', usualy u will find cheap poor quality bikes on ebay, the sellers there import the cheapest they can find ,they sell there for next to nothing, with virtualy no after sales service ,the bike breaks down giving chinese bikes a bad name (best not to buy this type of product on ebay) there are good quality chinnese bikes around, for instance i sell a childrens Py 50cc brand new $950 simular to pw 50cc (see picture) these are top quality along with many others that we stock, http://WWW.dandydirtbikes.com.au have a look & u will see we also have lots of spare parts & riding gear so don't be afraid of chinese bikes ther's plenty of back up available!!

Not wrong about loving the bike, he had his first ride on it yesterday & couldn't get him off it. I had screw done all the way up for minimum speed since he's only a beginner and hasn't ridden much before, but the cheeky bugger worked out if you leave the choke on, the bike will go a little bit quicker.

Did you get a new one or a second hand.IF it a second hand one and you feel your not going fast enough check all the usually stuff ,but were found if you take the complete exhaust system of the bike and get a oxy set and heat the whole pipe up red hot then blow compress air down it you burn all the excess oil and carbon that builds up and restricts the flow of exhaust gases.You would be suprised at how much smoke is produced. Paint it black and away you go.Did this on my young bloke LT50 and went a lot better.

If he still want to go faster get him a KTM 50

If new disregard and have fun and ride safe.:)

Did you get a new one or a second hand.IF it a second hand one and you feel your not going fast enough check all the usually stuff ,but were found if you take the complete exhaust system of the bike and get a oxy set and heat the whole pipe up red hot then blow compress air down it you burn all the excess oil and carbon that builds up and restricts the flow of exhaust gases.You would be suprised at how much smoke is produced. Paint it black and away you go.Did this on my young bloke LT50 and went a lot better.

Hey wonder1, me thinks you misread the post I had it set for minimum speed & the young bloke found a way to make it go a little faster. I tried the peewee with the governor out & it goes at lot quicker but it's too fast for my son at the moment.

Hey wonder1, me thinks you misread the post I had it set for minimum speed & the young bloke found a way to make it go a little faster. I tried the peewee with the governor out & it goes at lot quicker but it's too fast for my son at the moment.

That excellent, how old the young bloke.

If new disregard and have fun and ride safe.:)

you can also do this with petrol if you dont have an oxy, just flood it through.

to de-restrict a pee wee 50 there is a restrictor between air filter and carby, its a black rubber connector/hose/grommet type thing.

when junior wants more power and im talking double!!! replace the restrictor with a piece of rubber radiator hose from a small car or similar, even the large 40mm clear hose you can buy at hardware's works

be warned anyone who tries this modification, the pee wee will go from a 30kmh bike to 60-65kmh. and they tend to pop wheelies aswell!!

Matthew is 8 years old, he has ridden his cousins peewee 50 4 or 5 before he got his one.

Got three boys riding now, and their 9,12,16 and they love it.Keeps them out of trouble and keeps us together for the weekend camping trips. Also helps it your brother got a Yamaha/Ktm Dealership.Need to as you can spend some $$$ on these toys.

Enjoy, and it wont be long before he wants the next one.