Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl13 game 11: R-type II [FINISHED]

Pelly is " Kicking It MGL 13 style! " With His Nom Of R-TYPE II

http://i53.tinypic.com/wbrrpy.jpg

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/rtype2-tourn.png

ROM NAME: rtype2.zip

DIPS: LIVES 3 DIFFICULTY NORMAL

Manufacturer: Irem

Year: 1989

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons: 2 [FireShield Detach]

R-Type II Description

One of the first great side-scrolling shooters. Fly through tunnels, shooting organic and metallic aliens with a boss at the end of each level. Cool power-ups, including a detachable floating gun/shield combo.

Irem, the R-Type II maker, released 83 machines in our database under this trade name, starting in 1979.

Other machines made by Irem during the time period R-Type II was produced include Kengo, Dragon Breed, Legend Of Hero Tonma, X Multiply, Major Title, Meikyuu Shima, Vigilante, Saigo No Nindou, Tsukikage (The Legend Of The White Wolf), and Ninja Spirit.

More info: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9220

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score.

GOOD LUCK!

Spartan: 290,800

Pelly: 251,000

ED_209: 241,500

Kane: 184,200

Dkong: 174,200

Brad: 107,900

Rat: 106,800

Azathoth: 102,300

John73: 100,800

Foot: 78,100

Fire_Power: 44,800

Edited by Jed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never played this. 1989 was a bit after my "arcade years", though I'm sure I played R-Type on the Amiga (and sucked badly at it)

Had a very quick game, the score was not even worth posting :redface

Looks like the weapon upgrades might be Terra Cresta-ish.

Will give this a bit of a go tomorrow. From my memory of the Amiga version, this is one of those never ending games - no rest of the hands as the level goes on... and on... and on... :)

Awesome, got one of my noms selected!! Thought I better post a score then to kick it off. Bloody tough game though, you are spot on Kane, once you got onto the 3rd level it gets a bit crazy :-/

Would love to beat my PB for this one (which isn't much higher than this score), so hopefully some of the AA talent here can spur me on to take it up a notch!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27400[/ATTACH]

I only ever played R-Type on my Amiga. Not my cup of tea but surely better than Radarscope :lol sorry Fire_Power

Brad

Stop picking on Fire_Power :P

Surely we can all agree that Crush Roller has been the suckiest of all games so far :lol

• Super Moderator
Stop picking on Fire_Power :P

Surely we can all agree that Crush Roller has been the suckiest of all games so far :lol

Not by a long shot, Radar Scope was voted by my kids as most likely to appear in FML

I know i posted it, but i just read it........." One of the first great side-scrolling shooters " This game was 1989. What about Scramble? I thought that was the coolest game ever......or am i just getting old:lol
Yeah that line about side scrolling shooters is a laff. Scramble beat it by about 7 years and must be one of the greatest/biggest impact side scrollers ever. So addictive, and used sound really well. That constant low pulsing fx...only scramble! But yes, you are getting old, join the club :)

Got past boss 1 :026:

Just checking... there was comment about using save states etc. to practice being a no no - are we allowed to use continues to practice? Couldn't be arsed going back to find the answer - no idea which of the games this was mentioned in :confused:

-----

Went and found the answer, it is okay... Thank god. Getting sick of getting all the way through level 1 only to get nailed within 10 secs on level 2 :lol

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/43409-Mgl13-game-7-Gyruss-finished/page10

U

I know i posted it, but i just read it........." One of the first great side-scrolling shooters " This game was 1989. What about Scramble? I thought that was the coolest game ever......or am i just getting old:lol

Yeah sounds like bullshit marketing more than a real description of the game. Agreed about Scramble, and what about Defender? I'm sure there are others.

:-/ Definitely not a common one back in the day, but I quite enjoy it. The variety of weapons makes it a bit more interesting. Definitely harder than the first one... I don't think I have ever got past the 3rd level so hopefully a few here can challenge and crack 200k

Playing around with my cab today - it's nearly finished after not touching it in months. Broke 100K on RType2 and I think I beat my Ladybug score too. Hopefully have my cab 95% complete and at my house by the weekend and I'll post the improved scores.

Got a fair bit further straight away using a joystick instead of the keyboard in this game.

Hey all

Just to let you know I'm starting up a new section on AA for non-mame related High Scores.

So pretty much any console, computer, etc whether by genuine hardware, or emulation. Same kind of thing, post a score with snapshot for verification. Hoping to eventually build it into a decent repository of high scores for a number of popular system formats, and to give people a reason to dust off and play their old consoles.

Looking at adding new systems as well like Playstation, Xbox, even Wii. Anything where you can play a score based game and post your best effort for others to chase and try to best.

More info here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/forumdisplay.php/155-Console-and-Computer-High-Scores