Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

1963 Rowe-Ami juke blows fuse

illawarra_steelers

Question

Bought this today....really happy....works fine until I started to replace some of the bulbs and shorted the juke.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220831963558&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:AU:1123

Main fuse trips in the gamesroom and now the juke is dead. I think fuse but not sure where to look (done enough damage already today :redface)

Any suggestions? :unsure

6 answers to this question

Hey Tony,

I had a similar problem with my AMi model K (a couple of years older than yours). I searched for months testing everything. It proved to be a Buss fuse. It is a round fuse (about 25 mm round) that screwed into the top of a transformer in the floor. The fuse looked fine (it has a glass top that you see through) and the wires inside the fuse were still intact, no burning ...nothing. I didn't pay too much attention as the lights were wired elsewhere. Wrong! 2 small wires went into the transformer from another direction and ran some lights. After pulling everything else apart (including the motors and scanners), I decided to check the fuse again. It was no good. I couldn't buy a replacement so I soldered in a line fuse. Now all good.

It may be worth a try........

Gordo............