Thread: Time for a little Sega love

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Time for a little Sega love

To restore the Nintendo/Sega balance of these forums, here are two of my latest retro purchases:

Master System 1 console:

Came with AV cable, power supply, 2 controllers and 3 games. It has version 1.3 bios with no built in game however the hidden maze game is present. I won't tell you how much it cost me but let's just say that this was one of those rare occasions where I actually scored a retro bargain. It seldom seems to happen for me so this makes a nice change.
    ---------------------------------------------------

A second boxed and complete Japanese 32X console:

This is the one I'm contemplating selling, or might even consider a trade for another retro console. When I say complete, I mean 100% complete, with all original packaging, cables, baggies, manual and registration card etc. The outer box shows the usual signs of wear & tear and the inner carton has some cracks in it but everything else is mint. When I work out a price, weigh it for postage costs etc I'll start a for sale thread, assuming I decide to part with it. Still in two minds about it.
    SEGA love: click | Nintendo love: click
    PC Engine love: click | Latest retro finds: click

State
    newy
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)
    Console collecting has really taken-off here of late, so many threads, and so much interest. I reckon Hollo is to blame

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Ball View Post
    Console collecting has really taken-off here of late, so many threads, and so much interest. I reckon Hollo is to blame
    I know, damn pirate boy! Funny thing is, even though AA is not a dedicated retro console site, it's still the best place for us retro nuts to hang out. I've tried out other retro forums but they simply don't have the awesome community or traffic that AA does. Plus, I'm still into Arcade stuff so this is a nice home for me.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1404 Post(s)
    I love console collecting My retro stash consists of an Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Mega Drive II, N64, PS1, Dreamcast and original Xbox, although that can hardly be called retro

Collecting carts is awesome, I was playing DK Country 3 just last night on the SNES. I need to get me an original Master System, and a PC Engine soon, those are the two I am really chasing, or will be when I get some more cash.

State
    Hobart
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    The Spy vs Spy card is not easily found in oz from my experience, well done.

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxbury View Post
    The Spy vs Spy card is not easily found in oz from my experience, well done.
    I find the cards hard to find in general. I like them, they remind me of the PC Engine HuCards. I had Spy vs Spy in cart form as a kid and used to love playing it two player with a buddy of mine at the time.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    I'm a Sega fan too, I never had or used Nintendos growing up so have no love for them, but I had a Master System and Mega Drive. I've had to pause collecting Sega gear though, it's just too much along with all my other hoarding.

State
    Wollongong, NSW
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sonic > mario

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1404 Post(s)
    Well if you have any Mega Drive games you want to sell so you can downsize, let me know I go to the markets in Brissie every weekend to try and dig up some gems. Lats week I found Brian Lara cricket on Mega drive for 5 bucks and F-zero on SNES for 5 bucks. Total bargain!!

I have two Mega Drive II's, both of which work, but both of which also have the loose power connector in the back, which means I need to jiggle the power cable to get it sitting in the right position to turn it on. I only have around 25 odd games for me Mega Drive whereas I have 70 odd for NES and SNES, which is my real gaming passion. I was a Nintendo kid I only got the Megadrive II because I bought it for 10 bucks at the markets with one game.

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
    I know, damn pirate boy! Funny thing is, even though AA is not a dedicated retro console site, it's still the best place for us retro nuts to hang out. I've tried out other retro forums but they simply don't have the awesome community or traffic that AA does. Plus, I'm still into Arcade stuff so this is a nice home for me.
    This is exactly what happened to me. I've tried many other sites but this one has the community and the traffic. Also it helps when you have hollo posting every week about what new things he has for sale. Even though he doesn't really know me, he helps a lot with stuff that isn't sold in AUS.

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information