Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl13 game 9: Radar scope [finished]

What is with the starting high score of 7650? How many games had this as the starting high score?

It is Hebrew for Shaba.

As far as this tournament goes it is a sign that I will win with a score far in excess of the current MGL high.

Shabu Shaba.

So it is written...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is Hebrew for Shaba.

As far as this tournament goes it is a sign that I will win with a score far in excess of the current MGL high.

Shabu Shaba.

So it is written...

Time to put down the bong I think :huh:

Its a common binary denominator identification in early programming. It basically was a result of low bit code resurrection of particular parameters in very basic codes, which most pre 83 games had.

strangely enough, its not too far from the truth as there are commonalities in the assembly language programming amongst many games as many of the cpus used had roots in similar microcoding methodologies, using the same bipolar or metaloxide semiconductor designs and similar silicone substrates and doping methods. the term Z80 was a derivative of the 7650 denominator as it was written so badly on one of the engineering design sheets by the engineer that the senior engineer shortened it to z80 instead of the 7650.

had ya goin there wtv didnt i ?:lol:lol:lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

suppose i had better post up a score then. does this game have a continue function or has mame got a restart function at some point in the game so that i can start again just before where i lose a man ? i need the practice. ticwtv

suppose i had better post up a score then. does this game have a continue function or has mame got a restart function at some point in the game so that i can start again just before where i lose a man ? i need the practice. ticwtv

No continue for this game, but you can just hit F3 to reset if you stuff up :D

I will have to give this game another go during the week and try and improve my pitiful score :lol

Score Update.

No posts in 4 days... obviously a very popular game :lol Now Spartan, I expect you to post within an hour of this :rolleyes

Annoying game, after getting high 20k's repeatedly I had a good run and made it through level 3 and most of 4 on my last life. I might be able to crack 40k or even 50k but I don't know if I can really be bothered. Lady Bug is a lot more fun.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27203[/ATTACH]

Score Update.

No posts in 4 days... obviously a very popular game :lol Now Spartan, I expect you to post within an hour of this :rolleyes

Annoying game, after getting high 20k's repeatedly I had a good run and made it through level 3 and most of 4 on my last life. I might be able to crack 40k or even 50k but I don't know if I can really be bothered. Lady Bug is a lot more fun.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27203[/ATTACH]

Sorry to disappoint you. Have nothing extra to post on this one at the moment. Have to concentrate on Lady Bug. Need to make up massive ground. I will be lucky if I make the top 10. Might try Radar scope again towards the end of the week (1 -2 hours max) but like you, note sure if I can really be bothered.

I don't know why there is all this hate for this game, I like it quite a bit, very Galaxianish.

Feel the love of Radar scope:D

The bonus trick I have only worked out in the last couple of games, by killing the grid riders ;)

• Administrators

What I find interesting about this game is I recognise the re-use of game sounds for other Nintendo games a year later. The base line has been re-used in Donkey Kong and the the winged ship and one other sound is re-used in Space Firebird. Not surprising but definitely interesting. Do you guys also hear it and if so any others?

Brad

• Super Moderator

Score: 8900

rada0000.png.600851126c4353c29f19ae72ca3bc38c.png

What I find interesting about this game is I recognise the re-use of game sounds for other Nintendo games a year later. The base line has been re-used in Donkey Kong and the the winged ship and one other sound is re-used in Space Firebird. Not surprising but definitely interesting. Do you guys also hear it and if so any others?

Brad

Your trying to trick me into playing it again

• Administrators
Score: 8900

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27351[/ATTACH]

Your trying to trick me into playing it again

It's only fair since it's taken me soo many horrible games to get that score :p Level 6 REALLY kicks your arse. I recognise 2 others sounds from other games but the names escape me =/

Brad